Boston police destroy 2 backpacks at marathon site
Updated: 11:02 PM
- Police have blown up two unattended backpacks found near the Boston Marathon's finish line. They say they've taken a man into custody in connection with them.
UK fan promises to get tattoo of Willie Cauley-Stein
Updated: 11:38 PM
- A UK fan promised Willie Cauley-Stein that if the seven-footer returned to Kentucky next season, he'd get a special tattoo.
Reality TV star arrested in Letcher County drug roundup
Posted: 10:33 PM
- An eastern Kentucky man who appeared in a reality TV show has been arrested as part of a drug roundup.
Miley Cyrus hospitalized, cancels Kansas City show
Posted: 7:33 PM
- A spokeswoman for the singer says the 21-year-old canceled her performance Tuesday after she was hospitalized for a severe allergic reaction to antibiotics.
Businesses scrambling to cover plants during cold snap
Updated: 1:34 PM
- Some Kentucky businesses are scrambling to salvage thousands of dollars worth in inventory that could be destroyed due to the recent cold snap.
UK tournament celebrations cost Lexington nearly $150K
Updated: 8:32 PM
- University of Kentucky fans in Lexington were excited and still are about the men's basketball team making it to the championship. Its celebrations, however, cost the city some serious money.
Rupp Arena financing plan still in limbo
Updated: 6:23 PM
- A last-minute proposal to provide state-backed bonding to renovate Rupp Arena remains in limbo on the final day of the Kentucky legislative session.
Reality Check: Comparing $2M for Rupp Arena's naming rights
Updated: 3:57 PM
- As the proposal to provide state-backed bonding to renovate Rupp Arena remains in limbo in the hours of the Kentucky legislative session, plans call for $2-million to come from selling the arena's naming rights.
Cold causes crop concerns
Updated: 6:22 PM
- The freeze threat comes as the growing season is getting underway. Trees and flowers have started to bloom, and this freeze is coming at a bad time for businesses that rely on crops.
EKU Board of Regents approves tuition hike, tobacco ban
Updated: 6:13 PM
- The board approved a five percent tuition hike, which would go into effect with the fall semester.
Southern Kentucky families take advantage of special grocery cart
Updated: 5:21 PM
- Some southern Kentucky families are having a much easier time going to the grocery store. The families have special needs children. Until now, going to the store was almost impossible.
Law grad gets life term in Kentucky woman's death
Posted: 4:36 PM
- A New York City prosecutor says a University of Florida law school graduate has been sentenced to life in prison without parole for the torture and death of his girlfriend.
Woman arrested for driving her car into Richmond storage facility
Updated: 4:14 PM
- Police arrest a woman for damaging a storage facility with her car.
Colbert to visit future home of CBS' 'Late Show'
Posted: 5:00 PM
- Stephen Colbert will be paying a visit to CBS' "Late Show," his future home.
2013 unemployment up or same in half Kentucky counties
Updated: 4:55 PM
- While the annual unemployment rates were lower in 51 Kentucky counties in 2013 than in 2012, the rates went up or stayed the same in more than half of the state's counties.
Willie Cauley-Stein tweets he'll stay at Kentucky next season
- Kentucky forward Willie Cauley-Stein says he will return next season rather than head on to the NBA.
More WKYT Top Stories