Wilmore asked to remove cross from top of city water tower
Updated: 11:21 AM
- Wilmore city leaders are being asked to remove a Christian cross from the city's water tower.
Kentucky woman charged with attempted murder during traffic stop
Posted: 8:08 AM
- A woman was arrested after authorities say she dragged an officer whose arm was stuck in her car window.
Woman killed, man arrested after Clay County shooting
Updated: 11:20 AM
- State Police have charged a Clay County man with murder after the shooting death of his niece.
Evidence at Danville crime scene leads to burglary arrest in Harrodsburg
Posted: 8:18 AM
- Police made a quick arrest after an early morning burglary at a Boyle County business.
Lexington business owners express concern about projects near Short Street
- Four city projects are in progress right outside the front door of the Lexington Diner. Upper Street is closed currently for construction of 21c, a boutique hotel set to open early next year. While the street is closed, the city decided to get some utility work done. And a new streetscape was just finished for Short Street -- and more tweaks are expected to come in the future.
Report proposes consolidating & moving Lexington fire stations
- A newly released report found some Lexington fire stations should be moved to better protect the city. The independent report, done by Public Safety Solutions, Inc., took nearly a year to complete.
Pulaski deputies investigate after finding man dead in cabin
- The Pulaski County Sheriff's Office is investigating after finding a man who had been shot to death in a rental cabin.
Report: Playboy to end publishing fully nude female photos
Posted: 3:50 AM
- A new report says Playboy will no longer publish photos of nude women as part of a redesign effort.
Investigators say woman who put boyfriend's body in fridge 'panicked'; no sign of foul play
- A Pulaski deputy testified on Monday, saying a woman who put boyfriend's body in fridge "panicked" and a preliminary investigation showed no signs of foul play. He says they are waiting on more evidence to be processed.
Author of anti-gambling law says "sheer chutzpah" for daily fantasy sites to claim legitimacy
Posted: 7:22 AM
- The U.S. congressman who drafted the 2006 legislation used by DraftKings and FanDuel as proof of their legitimacy says is it's "sheer chutzpah" for the daily fantasy sites to pretend the law makes them legal.
Attorney General candidates wrangle over Davis case
- Kentucky's candidates for attorney general have wrangled over the case of a clerk who chose jail over issuing marriage licenses to same-sex couples.
California to big-league ballplayers: Stop chewing tobacco
Posted: 7:38 AM
- California lawmakers have taken the first step toward accomplishing something Major League Baseball could never do: Stop players from stuffing those big wads of chewing tobacco into their mouths during games.
Voting rights symposium being held at University of Kentucky
Posted: 7:17 AM
- Figures from the media, politics, the judiciary and more are speaking Tuesday at the University of Kentucky during a daylong symposium on voting rights.
"Saul Good" plans fundraiser to help "Waves of Mercy"
- A Lexington chain of restaurants is trying to help a charity that lost donations to help people in Haiti.
Lexington Police investigating shots fired into home
- Lexington Police are looking for two men after shots were fired into three homes on Monday afternoon.
Stolen car crashes into Lexington home
- Police are investigating what led up to a car crashing into a Lexington home Monday morning.
Steve Spurrier reportedly retiring
- South Carolina coach Steve Spurrier is retiring. The story was first reported by Thayer Evans of Sports Illustrated.
Man arrested in Pike County for driving stolen school bus
- David Farley, 19, faces several charges including driving under the influence, fleeing and evading police.
More WKYT Top Stories