Lexington staffing company trying to fill 75 job positions
Posted: 7:35 PM
- OmniSource Staffing officials say they have job openings for forklift, warehouse, and industrial cleaning positions around central Kentucky.
Man robs Anderson County gas station at gunpoint
Posted: 5:54 PM
- The robbery happened just before 2:30 p.m. Friday at the Parkway Marathon on U.S. 127.
Nicholas Co. firefighters mourning loss of one of their own
Updated: 6:19 PM
- Firefighter Aaron Capps, 20, and two young women were killed in a crash early Saturday morning. The firefighters he worked with for a year and a half say the loss is extremely difficult because Capps was like family to them.
More Shigella cases pop up in Lexington
Updated: 12:26 PM
- According to Fayette County Health Department, there are now 39 cases of Shigella infections in Lexington
Reality Check: Will new SEC Network be on your TV?
Updated: 6:25 PM
- With Kentucky's dominant cable company striking a new with the new SEC Network, the question now is will every subscriber score the new home for Southeastern Conference sports.
Carjacked vehicle hits crowd in Philadelphia, killing 3 children
Posted: 5:33 PM
- Police say a third child has died after a carjacked SUV plowed into a group of children and adults selling fruit at a Philadelphia street corner.
WKYT Investigates: Lexington's crime 'Made in Detroit'
- "The profits that are made down south are double, triple what can be made up here. The gangs know that and they go down there to try to exploit that," Lyle Dungy explained.
WKYT Investigates: An insider's take on Lexington's crime wave
- Brannon Dunn says he's a product of his environment. He grew up in the east end of Lexington which is now considered the city's hotspot for crime.
WKYT Investigates: The revolving door for criminals
- "A very small percentage of the criminals commit the vast majority of crime," said Ray Larson, Fayette County's top prosecutor. Larson said those criminals are the winners of a "catch and release" stance, or soft approach, on crime.
Ky. treasurer warns about misleading unclaimed property postcards
Updated: 4:33 PM
- Treasurer Todd Hollenbach says the postcards do not have the official Kentucky State Treasury letter head.
Bike app will help with future of biking in Lexington
Updated: 6:25 PM
- The city of Lexington is asking for your help, in making the city a safer place for bicyclists.
Lexington to host 2016 political event
Posted: 5:14 PM
- A major political event is coming to Kentucky.
WKYT Investigates: Lexington's crime hot spot
- Police say 30 percent of the arrests made in last week's "Operation Transformation" were inside or on the property of the M&M Grocery.
Domestic dispute ends in stabbing, shooting in Owsley County
- We've learned new details about an attack at an eastern Kentucky home that left two people injured.
Louisville food vendor charged in slaying back to selling
Posted: 3:39 PM
- A Louisville hot dog vendor who is free on bond after being charged with murder in a suspected case of road rage has returned to selling hot dogs at his long-time perch in front of the courthouse.
Man charged in February murder in Lexington
Posted: 12:20 PM
- Lamarius Gates has been charged with complicity to commit murder.
More WKYT Top Stories