Severe weather may delay, cancel some Central Kentucky events
Updated: 11:17 PM
- With festivals and events planned all over the Bluegrass, thousands of people are expected to be outside Saturday.
Human remains found in Rockcastle County creek bed
Updated: 6:32 PM
- Kentucky State Police are investigating human remains that were found in a creek bed.
Scott Co. teen paralyzed in motocross accident determined to walk again
Updated: 11:17 PM
- It was a split-second decision. Its consequences were anything but.
Man killed in Casey County crash
Posted: 10:13 PM
- One man is dead after a crash in Casey County.
Lexington townhouse damaged in fire
Posted: 10:18 PM
- A woman has been forced out of a townhouse she just bought because of a fire.
Lexington police chief, mayor meet with murder victim's family
Updated: 6:18 PM
- Lexington Police Chief Mark Barnard and Mayor Jim Gray on Friday met with family and friends of Salahuddin Jitmoud, the 22-year-old who was found stabbed to death on Sunday.
Starbucks reports register outage in stores in US, Canada
Posted: 9:38 PM
- Starbucks says a sales register computer glitch has disrupted sales at 8,000 company-operated stores in the United States and Canada.
Northbound I-75 in Laurel County reopens after crash involving boat
Updated: 7:57 PM
- Police say a SUV hauling a boat crashed just north of Corbin, in Laurel County, Friday afternoon.
New details about a suspect in University of Kentucky student's murder
Updated: 6:09 PM
- WKYT has learned new details about the criminal past of one of the suspects in the murder of Jonathan Krueger, a University of Kentucky junior shot to death in Lexington on April 17.
Univ. of Florida suspends frat over abuse of wounded vets
Posted: 5:40 PM
- A University of Florida fraternity has been suspended after allegations that its members insulted and spat at a group of disabled military veterans at a Panama City Beach resort.
Nicholasville teacher back at school after losing both hands and legs
Updated: 8:12 PM
- Shawn Carlstedt is a 2nd grade teacher at Rosenwald Dunbar Elementary School in Nicholasville. Earlier this August the school year didn't start off as planned for her.
2 hurt in distillery explosion in western Kentucky
Posted: 3:47 PM
- Two workers have been injured in an explosion at a small western Kentucky distillery that produces small-batch whiskeys.
Teen grateful for support after surviving crash that killed her mother
- "Just the thought that there's a purpose for the pain is what's really helping me persevere," Larah said.
Arrest made for December 2014 murder in Lexington
Posted: 12:21 PM
- According to an arrest citation, witnesses to a Lexington murder told police the victim and the man charged with his murder, fought before gunfire broke out.
Police arrest Frankfort man for child pornography
Posted: 2:38 PM
- Kentucky State Police have charged a Frankfort man with possessing and distributing child pornography.
Baltimore mayor wants answers about police policies in Gray's death
Updated: 3:39 PM
- The mayor of Baltimore says she wants answers to why police policies were not followed in the unexplained police-custody death of Freddie Gray.
Anderson County remains identified
Updated: 6:15 PM
- The Anderson County coroner says human remains found in 2014 have been identified as a missing man from Indiana.
WKYT Investigates: Ky. county tries to take fizzle out of welfare fraud 'pop train'
- The Hazard Police Department is using part of a $1.1 million federal grant to go undercover at store parking lots in an attempt derail the so-called “pop train” of welfare fraud.
More WKYT Top Stories