Lexington officer enters Alford plea to harassment charge
Updated: 1:31 PM
- A Lexington police officer accused of being rough during an arrest in January entered Alford plea to a harassment charge.
Clay County woman's husband, ex-husband shoot each other
Updated: 2:48 PM
- Police are investigating after a woman's husband and ex-husband were involved in a shooting at her home in Clay County.
Beshear to direct flags at half-staff for Lexington airman killed in Afghanistan
4 mins ago
- The Department of Defense confirms that Capt. Matthew D. Roland was one of two airmen who died supporting Operation Freedom's Sentinel.
Casey County Clerk rides across state in support of Kim Davis
Updated: 10:58 AM
- Casey County Clerk Casey Davis wants a colleague to know she does not stand alone.
A friendly gesture helps one woman's fight against cancer
25 mins ago
- Many times when we have a loved one or friend diagnosed with cancer we feel helpless. What can you say, what can you do? In Talk Pink WKYT's Amber Philpott has the story of how one woman was inspired to reach when her co-worker needed it the most.
Bakery issues recall for glass fragments in bread sold in Kentucky
Updated: 1:38 PM
- Bimbo Bakeries has issued a recall of bread after a lightbulb burst in one of its bakeries.
Chris Bailey's Forecast | Changes for the weekend
31 mins ago
- All good things must come to an end! More typical late summer weather arrives this weekend into early next week.
Harlan boy, 14, charged with shooting, killing grandfather
Posted: 2:13 PM
- Kentucky State Police say Teddy Jackson, 56, died Wednesday night near a home on Garden Lane in the Blair Community of Harlan County. Police have not released any information about the circumstances surrounding the shooting.
WDBJ-TV has emotional newscast after shooting that shocked millions
Posted: 1:24 PM
- WDBJ-TV has observed a moment of silence on air for its two journalists who were killed in a shooting during a live interview.
Committee discusses Woodford high's controversial 'collarbone' dress code
Updated: 1:48 PM
- The dress code has gotten a lot of attention in recent weeks, putting in the limelight a decade-old policy that some say is showings its age, and others say unfairly targets female students.
Students get visit from Matthew Shepard's parents
Updated: 1:20 PM
- The new Superintendent of Fayette County Schools, Manny Caulk, welcomed Judy and Dennis Shepard to Lexington on Thursday.
Taking down Bolt is not easy, but a cameraman gives it a try
Updated: 2:56 PM
- What finally upended the 6-foot-5 Jamaican was a multitasking cameraman riding a two-wheeled scooter while videotaping Bolt's victory lap. The scooter ran over the outcropping of a metal railing bolted to the edge of the track and bobbled off course - then slammed into the back of the fastest two legs on the planet.
Versailles Kroger is first of several to launch online grocery ordering system
Updated: 11:22 AM
- Kroger announced on Thursday the launch of its new online grocery ordering system at its Versailles store.
Neighbors want security changes after inmate escapes from Blackburn Correctional Complex
Updated: 7:44 AM
- The Kentucky Department of Corrections said around 2:00 p.m. Wednesday, an inmate at Blackburn Correctional Complex walked away from the minimum-security prison.
Three fairness protesters arrested at Kentucky State Fair's ham breakfast
Updated: 11:51 AM
- Three people were arrested Thursday morning at the Kentucky Country Ham Breakfast and Auction after protesting the Farm Bureau's policies.
Remembering Comair flight 5191
Updated: 1:32 PM
- Today marks the ninth anniversary of the tragic Comair flight 5191 crash at Blue Grass Airport on August 27, 2006.
McDonald's rejects Burger King's 'McWhopper' proposal
Updated: 10:52 AM
- McDonald's declines Burger King's proposal to join forces to create a "McWhopper."
Christmas in August: Wal-Mart's holiday layaway comes early
Posted: 8:36 AM
- Wal-Mart is giving customers a head start on holiday shopping, launching its annual layaway program two weeks earlier than last year.
More WKYT Top Stories