Lexington boy recovering after shooting
Posted: 5:38 AM
- The family of a Lexington boy who was shot in the neck reports that the nine-year-old is doing better.
One more calm day before storms arrive
Posted: 5:26 AM
- Sunshine will be back again for Wednesday. We'll likely see temperatures jump back into the mid and upper 60s. This is a little "cooler" when compared to Tuesday, but it really isn't bad at all.
How to watch the 2015 NCAA Tournament Games
- Here's where to watch the 2015 NCAA Tournament games.
Officials battle dozens of forest fires since mid-March
Posted: 5:59 AM
- Kentucky forestry officials say more than 1,000 acres have burned since mid-March due to forest fires, and they're worried about the potential of more fires due to warmer, drier weather.
UK steer lassoed (seriously) after flirting with freedom
- Campus and local police scrambled Tuesday morning to capture a steer that got loose on the University of Kentucky's campus.
Bystanders restrain man accused of hitting school bus
- Bystanders wrestled a man to the ground and held him until police got there after they say he hit a school bus and tried to get away.
Foundation grants help Kentucky schools visit state parks
40 mins ago
- Schools from Greenup County to Ballard County are getting to take students on trips to Kentucky State Parks with help from transportation grants from the Kentucky State Parks Foundation.
Event nets nearly $800,000 for domestic violence shelters
43 mins ago
- First lady Jane Beshear says donors across the state contributed nearly $800,000 in money and supplies to the state's 15 domestic violence shelters on Saturday.
Lexington woman being strangled with bra fights off attacker with ceramic chicken
- Police say a 31 year old Lexington woman tried to strangle a stranger with her bra.
Firefighters battle large blaze at Menifee County lumber business
- Emergency crews from several different counties are working a large fire in the Daniel Boone National Forest.
Lexington comedian starts "Save the Couch" movement
- Comedian and Lexington native Etta May posted a video to her Facebook page Monday following the Wildcats victory over Notre Dame. In the video she urges UK students to "save the couch" rather than setting them on fire.
Man killed in Harlan motorcycle crash
Posted: 5:17 AM
- Kentucky State Police say a man has died after crashing his motorcycle while not wearing a helmet.
Lexington man looking out for State Street neighbors
- The area is best known for its wild UK basketball game celebrations. Officers line the streets of State, Elizabeth, and Crescent Avenue during the NCAA Tournament, keeping a close eye on rowdy residents.
Apartment fire forces Floyd Co. families from homes
- Firefighters spent the afternoon battling an apartment fire in Floyd County.
Escaped Wolfe County inmates still on the run
- The search for two inmates from Wolfe County continues six days after they escaped.
Better Business Bureau warning UK fans about possible ticket scams
- The BBB is warning basketball fans to make sure they get tickets from reputable sources if they plan to attend the Final Four.
Fayette Co. issues burn ban through Wednesday morning
- The Lexington Fire Department is asking people to do their part to prevent brush, grass and mulch fires.
Beshear plays both sides of gay rights debate
- Democratic Gov. Steve Beshear said Kentucky's religious freedom law similar to one signed by Indiana Gov. Mike Pence last week should be clarified to include protections for the LGBT community.
More WKYT Top Stories