Thursday's Forecast: No rest for storms anytime soon
Updated: 9:13 AM
- Our daily rain chances continue through the next several days. Muggy conditions tag along.
Kentucky officials begin review of GOP primary results
Updated: 10:49 AM
- State election officials have begun reviewing the results of Kentucky's Republican primary for governor.
Man killed in Richmond by police was shot 8 times
- Kentucky State Police documents say a Lexington man who died in an officer-involved shooting last year was pointing a stun gun at police when he was shot eight times.
Disability checks stopped for clients of Ky. attorney targeted in fraud investigation
Updated: 6:59 AM
- Hundreds of clients of the eastern Kentucky attorney who is at the center of a national disability fraud investigation are learning their disability payments have been suspended.
INTERACTIVE | County-by-county look at people on disability
Posted: 11:20 AM
- As hundreds of clients of an eastern Kentucky attorney at the center of a national disability fraud investigation learn their disability payments have been suspended, here's an interactive look at the number of people in Kentucky receiving disability payments from the federal government.
Pentagon says it mistakenly shipped live anthrax to numerous labs and to US base in Korea
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention says it's investigating what the Pentagon calls an inadvertent shipment of live anthrax spores to government and commercial laboratories.
Man injured in officer-involved shooting in Pike County
Updated: 5:10 AM
- An eastern Kentucky man is in the hospital after being shot by police on Wednesday night.
Lexington listed as No. 31 among best cities for "staycations"
Updated: 6:10 AM
- Wallet Hub released a list of "Best & Worst Cities for Staycations," and Lexington placed 31st.
Crews recover body of missing jet skier in Mercer County
- Family members tell us the body of a man who went missing after falling off of a Jet ski on Sunday has been located.
9th arrest made in deaths of 2 Mississippi police officers
Posted: 5:46 AM
- Authorities say a ninth person has been arrested in connection with the shooting deaths of two Mississippi police officers who were killed during a traffic stop.
Laurel student charged after violent outburst in principal's office
- London police say Lola C. Eaton, 18, became "very violent" about 12 p.m. Tuesday when she was taken to the office after a fight with a student.
NPR's 'Serial' plans for 2 more seasons, beginning this fall
Posted: 7:58 AM
- "Serial" junkies, get out your sleuthing kits again. National Public Radio's wildly popular podcast is coming back with two new series.
Grants available for school fruit and vegetable program
Posted: 5:13 AM
- The Kentucky Department of Education is taking applications for grants for a program that helps schools buy fresh fruits and vegetables to serve to students.
Statistics show synthetic marijuana use making a comeback
- According to the American Association of Poison Control Centers, in April 2015, there have been more than 1500 reports of human exposure to synthetic marijuana across the United States. To compare, in April 2014, there were 250.
One child injured after school bus goes over embankment in Lee County
- Kentucky State Police are investigating an accident involving a school bus in Lee County.
Lexington police to focus on dangerous intersection
- Lexington police say too many people aren't obeying traffic signs on Clays Mill Road at Wellington Way.
Montgomery County man arrested for online threats
- A Montgomery County man has been arrested after police say he threatened to rob a bank and murder the people inside.
Gruesome find in Frankfort woman's backyard
- A disturbing discovery in Frankfort where a woman says someone lynched a bird and hung it from a tree in her backyard.
More WKYT Top Stories