Students from Nepal watch aftermath of earthquake from Kentucky
Updated: 7:20 PM
- Devastating images and numbers continue to come in from Nepal, where more than 1,000 people are dead after a 7.8 magnitude earthquake. It was an especially difficult morning for some college students in central Kentucky as they watched the place they call home destroyed.
Nepal quake: Hundreds dead, history crumbles, Everest shaken
Updated: 12:30 PM
- A top Nepalese police official says at least 1,130 people have been confirmed dead following a powerful earthquake.
Wyoming fugitive found hiding in a Franklin Co. closet
Posted: 10:47 AM
- The Franklin County Sheriff's Department arrested a fugitive who was wanted out of Wyoming on Friday.
Northern Ky. jail expansion to include substance abuse program
Posted: 3:11 PM
- Campbell County officials say a planned jail expansion will include a substance abuse program intended to help curb the county's heroin problem.
Queen's granddaughter withdraws from equestrian event
Updated: 3:45 PM
- An equestrian competition in Kentucky lost some star power when British rider Zara Phillips, a granddaughter of Queen Elizabeth II, withdrew after her horse suffered a minor injury.
Two injured after shooting at a Lexington club
Posted: 7:45 AM
- Officers say two people were injured after a shooting in Lexington on Saturday morning.
Health officials say ice cream is safe despite some recalls
Posted: 9:15 AM
- Federal health officials say ice cream is still safe to eat - even amid recalls by two ice cream companies after the discovery of listeria bacteria in their frozen confections.
Lincoln County junior firefighter killed in Casey County crash
Updated: 11:01 AM
- Kentucky State Police say a teen was killed in a Casey County crash on Friday.
Human remains found in Rockcastle County creek bed
- Kentucky State Police are investigating human remains that were found in a creek bed.
Scott Co. teen paralyzed in motocross accident determined to walk again
- It was a split-second decision. Its consequences were anything but.
Statue of Liberty evacuated after bomb threat
- A bomb threat made by an anonymous 911 caller forced the evacuation of hundreds of tourists Friday from the Statue of Liberty, but a thorough sweep of the landmark by investigators turned up no explosives.
Lexington townhouse damaged in fire
- A woman has been forced out of a townhouse she just bought because of a fire.
Lexington police chief, mayor meet with murder victim's family
- Lexington Police Chief Mark Barnard and Mayor Jim Gray on Friday met with family and friends of Salahuddin Jitmoud, the 22-year-old who was found stabbed to death on Sunday.
Starbucks reports register outage in stores in US, Canada
- Starbucks says a sales register computer glitch has disrupted sales at 8,000 company-operated stores in the United States and Canada.
Northbound I-75 in Laurel County reopens after crash involving boat
- Police say a SUV hauling a boat crashed just north of Corbin, in Laurel County, Friday afternoon.
New details about a suspect in University of Kentucky student's murder
- WKYT has learned new details about the criminal past of one of the suspects in the murder of Jonathan Krueger, a University of Kentucky junior shot to death in Lexington on April 17.
Univ. of Florida suspends frat over abuse of wounded vets
- A University of Florida fraternity has been suspended after allegations that its members insulted and spat at a group of disabled military veterans at a Panama City Beach resort.
Nicholasville teacher back at school after losing both hands and legs
- Shawn Carlstedt is a 2nd grade teacher at Rosenwald Dunbar Elementary School in Nicholasville. Earlier this August the school year didn't start off as planned for her.
More WKYT Top Stories