Three teens arrested after alleged stealing spree in Frankfort
Updated: 11:19 PM
- Three teenagers are arrested in Franklin County after deputies say they were involved in a stealing spree around one usually safe neighborhood.
Judge: Kentucky to explain lethal injection drugs
14 mins ago
- A judge says Kentucky officials should be prepared to explain how and why they arrived at what drugs to use in a lethal injection and what doses of the narcotics to administer.
Laurel County man sentenced in death of roommate
15 mins ago
- A man will spend five years in prison for killing his roommate.
Harlan County man arrested for rape
13 mins ago
- A Harlan County man has been arrested, and accused of rape.
Court documents detail case against former UK star Rex Chapman
Updated: 6:33 PM
- Court documents obtained by WKYT detail the case Scottsdale police made before arresting former UK and NBA star Rex Chapman.
Chapman, 46, is accused of stealing $14,000 worth of merchandise from an Apple store in Scottsdale, Arizona then reselling the stolen items at pawn shops.
Scary moments for Lexington victims in home invasion
Updated: 4:30 PM
- Police are investigating an armed robbery and home invasion Monday morning.
WKYT Investigates: born addicted, KY babies born withdrawing from drugs
Updated: 6:27 PM
- The baby has been at Kentucky Children's Hospital for a couple of weeks, under the care of Dr. Henrietta Bada. Bada said in 2000, there were 30 cases of Neonatal Abstinence in Kentucky. In 2013, there were more than 950. "So your incidence has increased almost 20-fold from 1.3 per thousand hospital births to as high as almost 20 per thousand hospital births," Bada said.
Lexington Police: man robs gas station twice
Posted: 5:10 AM
- The Lexington Police department says they're investigating a robbery Monday morning that involves a man robbing a store twice.
School board considers putting EpiPens in cafeterias, offices
Updated: 6:05 PM
- Monday night, Fayette County Public Schools leaders will vote on whether to keep EpiPens on school property.
Cats can't afford to overlook Vandy - again
Posted: 4:34 PM
- "We didn't take Vandy seriously..."
"We over looked them..."
"We just weren't ready to play..."
How many times have we heard it? A startling admission by a Kentucky football player after a loss to... gulp... Vanderbilt.
Former Lexington attorney sentenced in fraud case
Posted: 5:38 PM
- A former Lexington attorney received 20 years in prison for stealing millions of dollars.
One dead in Wayne County motorcycle crash
Updated: 12:52 PM
- One man was killed and a woman was injured on Saturday after a motorcycle crash in Wayne County.
A great week of fall weather
Posted: 2:13 PM
- Chilly nights and mild days are ahead of us.
Lexington Fire Department issues scam alert
Updated: 4:19 PM
- The Lexington Fire Department is warning people about a phone scam.
Georgetown Middle School now serving dinner to students
Updated: 6:02 PM
- A central Kentucky school is expanding its cafeteria hours. Starting Monday, Georgetown Middle School will serve dinner to students who are in after school activities, or anyone who wants it.
Hemp stolen from pilot program in Jackson County
Updated: 8:40 PM
- Industrial hemp has been stolen right off of the plot of a Kentucky Department of Agriculture industrial hemp pilot program.
More WKYT Top Stories