Wild weather for our Wednesday!
Posted: 5:55 AM
- Just as we were soaking all the nice weather in, here comes winter back in full force. Rain and snow with falling temperatures will be expected today.
Jessamine Co. 911 calls on car v. gas meters: 'Hurry up before it blows up'
- The scene looked frightening on Sunday night when a car crashed into the side of an apartment building in Nicholasville. It hit gas meters, sparking a fire.
Fayette County School Board members address budget shortfall
- Fayette County school leaders hear more ideas Tuesday about how to fix a $20 million budget shortfall.
School day being extended in Scott County to make up snow days
- Beginning March 24, the school day for Scott County students will be extended by 20 minutes.
Kentucky registers 55,000 for health insurance
- Nearly 55,000 people have signed up for private health insurance through Kentucky's state health insurance marketplace, according to the latest figures from the federal government.
Water main break impacts schools, businesses in Brodhead
- People in a Rockcastle County City had to make some adjustments at home and work Tuesday because of a water main break.
State budget includes $233 million for raises
- The Kentucky state budget includes $233 million to give raises to more than 136,000 state workers and teachers.
Trail Blazers closed in Lexington, customers file complaints
- Lexington police are taking a closer look at a well known auto accessories store that closed unexpectedly several weeks ago.
House committee approves school snow day waiver
- A House committee has approved a bill that would forgive public schools up to 10 missed school days because of winter weather.
29 stores, restaurants to take place of Sears at Fayette Mall
- Fayette Mall will get 29 stores and a few restaurants in the space formerly occupied by Sears.
Julius Randle named Freshman of the Year
- Kentucky forward Julius Randle was named the Southeastern Conference Freshman of the Year by the league’s coaches on Tuesday, leading a number of honors for the Wildcats for their play during the 2013-14 season.
Calipari and players mum about tweak
- John Calipari said he tweaked his offense in Monday's practice and "you'll see a different team on Friday." Calipari and his players aren't saying what the tweak is as they prepare to head to Atlanta to play in the quarterfinals of the S-E-C Tournament.
Lexington officer who admits to shooting neighbor's dog could face charges
- A Lexington Police officer who says he shot his neighbor's dog to protect his chickens could face animal cruelty charges.
Woman charged with murder in 2013 crash faces new DUI charge
- Holly Britz faces a new DUI charge, along with contempt after the Clark County sheriff says she was driving under the influence and crashed. Britz had been out of jail on bond awaiting trial on a murder charge stemming from a 2013 crash in which deputies say she was driving under the influence.
Woman charged in 2010 Scott County murder case appears in court
- Ciji Jefferson is believed to be involved in a Scott County murder case from 2010.
TV schedule for SEC Men's Tournament
- UK begins SEC Men's Tournament play on Friday. Here is the TV schedule for the tournament.
Extreme winter keeps Lexington Salvation Army busy
- So far this year, Salvation Army officials say they've provided emergency shelter for more than 560 women and children in Lexington. That's a 60% increase over the previous year.
More WKYT Top Stories