Lexington Rescue Mission serves Thanksgiving dinner to homeless
Posted: 11:16 PM
- A Lexington organization served a special Thanksgiving meal to the city's poor and homeless.
Lower gas prices fuel increase in holiday travel
Updated: 11:56 PM
- The national average for gas is $2.07. In Lexington, it can be found for as low as $1.76.
Ky. flu cases on the rise as holiday season begins
Updated: 11:44 PM
- The state's flu activity level moved from "sporadic" to "local" this week, and doctors want to make sure people gathering in groups for the holiday stay healthy.
Obama administration says states lack authority to block refugees
Posted: 9:23 PM
- The Obama administration is reminding state officials across the country that states do not have legal authority to refuse to accept Syrian refugees.
Lexington woman charged with scalding 2-year-old as punishment
Updated: 6:46 PM
- Police say Jimicia Clay, 21, placed her son in extremely hot bath water last week as a form of punishment. The boy was taken to the hospital with burns to his lower extremities.
Outgoing Kentucky governor took 33 trips while in office
Posted: 4:02 PM
- Outgoing Kentucky Democratic Gov. Steve Beshear took 33 out-of-state trips during his eight-year term for a total cost to taxpayers of nearly $500,000.
Costco: FDA tests point toward E. coli in salad vegetables
Posted: 9:06 PM
- Costco officials say testing has pointed toward a vegetable mix from a California food wholesaler as the source of E. coli in the company's chicken salad that has been linked to an outbreak that has sickened 19 people in seven states.
Hundreds take in community Thanksgiving dinner in Whitley County
Updated: 7:36 PM
- Volunteers worked all day to make sure everyone in the cafeteria at Whitley County High School had a good meal.
Lexington Police chief pushes for more safety officers
Posted: 6:09 PM
- Lexington Police Chief Mark Barnard says hiring more safety officers would free up sworn police officers to do other things.
Fayette Judge, Jazzercize instructor, uses tragedy to triumph
Updated: 6:51 PM
- Fayette County Circuit Judge Pamela Goodwine is known for being an imposing figure on the bench, authoritative with little tolerance for excuses. You can find a different version of her at 5:30 in the morning--jumping, dancing and stretching as she instructs a roomful of women to Jazzercise.
Lexington firefighters use Raven Run to train for rural rescues
Updated: 6:49 PM
- Getting to an emergency in the city has plenty of obstacles, such as traffic. Getting to an emergency in rural Fayette County has its challenges too.
President Obama pardons National Thanksgiving turkey
Updated: 5:43 PM
- While security and safety remains a top priority for the President ahead of the Thanksgiving holiday, he made some time for an age-old tradition.
Washington Correspondent Kellie Meyer was there as two turkeys got the gift of a lifetime.
Family surprises Lexington nursing home resident by granting wish
Updated: 6:51 PM
- Lorraine Fazarro had never seen her grandchildren until Wednesday.
Madison woman charged with abusing two infants
Updated: 6:50 PM
- Kentucky State Police have arrested a woman charged with abusing two children in her care.
Chief Meteorologist Chris Bailey's 2015-16 winter forecast
- The cold has finally hit and WKYT’s Chief Meteorologist Chris Bailey said to expect the unexpected when it comes to preparing for this year’s winter weather.
Three children injured after vehicle flips on Walnut Hill; driver arrested on warrants
Posted: 2:10 PM
- A vehicle overturned Wednesday in a crash on Wallnut Hill that left multiple people injured.
Rams receiver Stedman Bailey shot in the head while sitting in car
Posted: 5:08 PM
- Suspended Rams receiver Stedman Bailey is recovering from surgery after he and another man were shot while sitting in a car with four others Tuesday night. Both are listed in critical but stable condition.
Jay Leno to headline fundraiser honoring Richmond officer
Posted: 6:32 AM
- St. Mark Roman Catholic Church in Richmond is hosting "An Evening Among Friends: THE LAST CALL.
More WKYT Top Stories