Drone's crash-landing on Lexington's tallest building prompts concern
- A drone crash-landed on top of the Fifth Third building Saturday afternoon. Councilman Richard Moloney said he was more concerned about its proximity to the Blue Grass Airport, which is about 6 miles away from downtown.
Rowan Clerk Kim Davis refuses to issue marriage licenses; says she will ask U.S. Supreme Court to intervene
- A Kentucky clerk embroiled in a legal fight over the issuance of marriage licenses to same-sex couples says she will ask the U.S. Supreme Court to intervene.
Lexington mother, others want to raise awareness for heroin
- Seth Wasilkowski, 19, was taking heroin. Wasilkowski died Dec. 3rd, 2014. He was one of the 108 overdose death last year in Fayette County. This year's numbers aren't trending any better. As of mid-July, there have been 82 overdose deaths in Fayette County.
The annual pumpkin spice onslaught is here
- Here's your forecast for fall: cooler, with a 100 percent chance of pumpkin spice.
Vigil held for TV news crew killed in shooting
- Virginia Attorney General Mark Herring joined several hundred Roanoke-area residents Thursday night at a candlelight vigil outside television station WDBJ to remember station employees Alison Parker and Adam Ward.
Harlan County teenager charged in the shooting death of his grandfather
- A 14-year-old eastern Kentucky boy faces charges, for the shooting death of his grandfather.
Boil water advisory issued in parts of Lancaster
- Parts of Lancaster are under a boil water advisory.
Beshear to direct flags at half-staff for Lexington airman killed in Afghanistan
- The Department of Defense confirms that Capt. Matthew D. Roland was one of two airmen who died supporting Operation Freedom's Sentinel.
Clay County woman's husband, ex-husband shoot each other
- Police are investigating after a woman's husband and ex-husband were involved in a shooting at her home in Clay County.
Mayor Gray appoints Lexington business owner Hensley to serve 12th District
- Lexington Mayor Jim Gray has tapped businessman Russ Hensley to serve as the city's 12th District councilman.
Ex-NBA star Darryl Dawkins, aka 'Chocolate Thunder,' has died
- Darryl Dawkins, whose backboard-shattering dunks earned him the moniker "Chocolate Thunder" and helped pave the way for breakaway rims, has died. He was 58.
Northern Kentucky student in custody after gun spotted
- A Northern Kentucky University spokeswoman says a student is in custody after being seen with a gun in the school library.
Bakery issues recall for glass fragments in bread sold in Kentucky
- Bimbo Bakeries has issued a recall of bread after a lightbulb burst in one of its bakeries.
Lexington officer enters Alford plea to harassment charge
- A Lexington police officer accused of being rough during an arrest in January entered Alford plea to a harassment charge.
Casey County Clerk rides across state in support of Kim Davis
- Casey County Clerk Casey Davis wants a colleague to know she does not stand alone.
A friendly gesture helps one woman's fight against cancer
- Many times when we have a loved one or friend diagnosed with cancer we feel helpless. What can you say, what can you do? In Talk Pink WKYT's Amber Philpott has the story of how one woman was inspired to reach when her co-worker needed it the most.
Chris Bailey's Forecast | Changes for the weekend
- All good things must come to an end! More typical late summer weather arrives this weekend into early next week.
Harlan boy, 14, charged with shooting, killing grandfather
- Kentucky State Police say Teddy Jackson, 56, died Wednesday night near a home on Garden Lane in the Blair Community of Harlan County. Police have not released any information about the circumstances surrounding the shooting.
More WKYT Top Stories