I-71 reopens after Henry County wreck that killed 1
Updated: 8:09 PM
- Officials say one person has died and three others are injured after an eight-vehicle wreck in Henry County that closed part of Interstate 71 for several hours.
Fourth of July in the Bluegrass: Festivities and safety tips
Updated: 2:57 PM
- WKYT has created a list of all the Forth of July celebrations going on in Lexington and surrounding counties. Find the event nearest you and have a safe weekend celebrating our nations independence.
Officials rule out natural causes in Washington state blaze
Posted: 7:53 PM
- Authorities say a wildfire that destroyed nearly 30 homes in central Washington state was likely human-caused.
Give peas a chance? Not in my guacamole, says Obama
Updated: 8:10 PM
- Give peas a chance? When it comes to guacamole, no way, says President Barack Obama.
Nicholasville motorcycle theft caught on surveillance
Posted: 6:44 PM
- Police are searching for two people who stole a $14,000 motorcycle from a Nicholasville business.
Tennessee hardware store owner refuses to serve gay customers
Posted: 10:59 AM
- An East Tennessee hardware store has a strong message for its customers: "No gays allowed."
Family of Douglass Park shooting victim asks public to help solve case
Updated: 6:17 PM
- A community meeting was held Tuesday afternoon to discuss the future of the Dirt Bowl, a basketball tournament held in Douglass Park.
Man bitten by shark on NC Outer Banks is 7th this summer
Posted: 2:46 PM
- Authorities say a man apparently bitten by a shark off the North Carolina Outer Banks is being airlifted to a hospital with serious wounds.
Scott County sheriff warns of phone scam
Updated: 3:45 PM
- The Scott County Sheriff says someone is using his office's number and a detective's name as part of a scam.
New dating site for Kentucky sports fans
Updated: 5:02 PM
- Sports Dating Inc. is allowing users until July 15 to build their profile, upload pictures, answer a few questions, and of course fill out a questionnaire about what they are looking for in a perfect match. All profiles will be available on July 15 for members to search and view.
TV Land pulls 'Dukes of Hazzard' reruns
Updated: 5:21 PM
- The network is confirming that reruns of the 1980s action comedy, with its Confederate flag imagery, have been pulled from the schedule.
Social worker faces firing after helping 7-year-old girl
Posted: 5:45 AM
- A northern Kentucky social worker is facing possible termination by her employer after she says she helped a neglected and abused 7-year-old girl.
Southbound I-71 closed in Henry County by wreck
Posted: 3:43 PM
- The Kentucky Transportation Cabinet reports southbound Interstate 71 is closed in Henry County where a crash involving commercial and passenger vehicles has spilled diesel fuel into the median.
Woman killed, KSP trooper injured after Pulaski County crash
Updated: 5:52 PM
- Kentucky State Police say a trooper was involved in a deadly crash in Pulaski County on Tuesday evening.
Average Kentucky Utilities bill going up $9 a month
Updated: 1:52 PM
- A state agency has approved an 8.8 percent utility rate increase for the average residential customer of the Kentucky Utilities Company, effective immediately.
Surveillance camera captures break-in at Lexington clothing store
Updated: 6:18 PM
- WATCH VIDEO | The Lexington Police Department is searching for five men who, they say, broke into a clothing store on Wednesday morning.
Lexington police: Man shot in the leg one block from UK campus
Posted: 5:07 AM
- The Lexington Police Department is investigating after a young man was shot and found crawling in the road on Wednesday morning.
Toyota's top female executive arrested in Japan resigns
Updated: 7:55 AM
- Toyota says Julie Hamp, who was arrested in Japan last month on suspicion of drug law violations, has resigned as managing officer. She was the most senior female executive ever at the Japanese automaker.
More WKYT Top Stories