Bluegrass Poll | Democrats lead in tight slate of statewide races
- A new WKYT, Herald-Leader Bluegrass Poll shows Democrats leading in a slate of tightly contested statewide races on the November ballot with the exception of one.
Slavery marker in Lexington vandalized
- The marker, which was purchased in 2003 by historically black fraternity Kappa Alpha Psi, notes the history of slave trading at the nearby Cheapside Slave Auction Block.
State not moving Lexington probation, parole office to Palomar Center
- Secretary J. Michael Brown said they reviewed the location that was selected and "have determined that another site would yield a better outcome for both clients of this office and the community."
Police dispel social media post hyping child traffickers in Kentucky
- Recently a Facebook post went viral claiming people who are going door-to-door in various parts of Kentucky while selling children's books are actually child traffickers.
WWE Hall of Famer Roddy Piper dies at 61
- "Rowdy" Roddy Piper, who trash talked his way to the main event of the first WrestleMania and later found movie stardom, has died. He was 61.
Russell Co. mother and son talk about carjacking in Scott County
- RUSSELL COUNTY, Ky. (WKYT) - Kimberly Wilson-Lucas and her son Tyler have been thinking a lot lately about what could have happened Wednesday. On their way home from Cincinnati, they took a routine stop...
Search for missing Nelson County mother expanding
- The search for a missing Nelson County mother is expanding.
Coast Guard suspends search for two missing Florida boaters
- The Coast Guard has suspended its search for two teenage fishermen who've been missing for a week.
Beach Ball Bash held at Alltech Arena in Lexington
- You didn't need an ocean to enjoy the beach at the Kentucky Horse Park Friday night. The Bluegrass Chapter of the American Red Cross threw a Beach Ball Bash inside Alltech Arena.
Motorcycle ride wish comes true for Lexington woman
- A wish came true Friday for a resident of a Lexington nursing home.
Man arrested after Jessamine deputies find body on back porch
- Chief Deputy Allen Peel of the Jessamine County Sheriff's Office says his department got a call about a fight at a home on Hartley Drive. When deputies arrived, they found a dead man on the back porch.
UK trustees recommend revoking surgeon's medical privileges
- A well known doctor at the University of Kentucky could have his medical privileges revoked .
Big Blue Night in Cincinnati
- Former Wildcats Karl-Anthony Towns and Willie Cauley-Stein took part in the ceremonial first pitch on Big Blue Night at Great American Ball Park.
Mother arrested after 8-year-old tests positive for cocaine
- Montgomery County Sheriff’s Deputies arrested Stephanie Walker, 32, after her 8-year-old son tested positive for cocaine.
Bluegrass Poll | McConnell, Paul don't win over Kentuckians despite clout
- Despite having two senators who carry a lot of clout on Capitol Hill, a new WKYT Bluegrass Poll found Kentucky voters don’t give high approvals for the jobs they’re doing.
Jim Caldwell's Forecast | Nice weather continues this weekend
- After dealing with round after round of storms through most of the month of July, we are ending it on a pretty dry note.
Broken pipe causes flooding, collapse on Call Drive in Lexington
- A broken water pipe has caused flooding on Call Drive. Kentucky American Water thinks the hydrant was hit.
Restaurateur Jeff Ruby says he did not post Cincinnati officer's bond
- Cincinnati restaurateur Jeff Ruby defended himself on social media Friday after false reports surfaced saying he posted bond for the former police officer charged with killing Samuel DuBose during a traffic stop.
More WKYT Top Stories