Kentucky Senator Smith acquitted of DUI charge, convicted of speeding
Updated: 6:49 PM
- Republican state Sen. Brandon Smith acquitted of DUI charge, convicted of speeding.
Jeff Ruby says he has backup location for Lexington steakhouse
Updated: 12:27 PM
- So it looks like Lexington will get a Jeff Ruby's steakhouse after all.
Sen. Dick Durbin pushes legislation to address student-athlete concussions
Updated: 5:07 PM
- Senator Dick Durbin (D-IL) is working to pass legislation that would involve the schools in the concussion recognition process.
Rescuers find Perry Co. school group lost in state park
Posted: 5:59 PM
- Rescue workers reunited Perry County seven students, a parent, and their teacher after getting lost for hours in Kingdom Come State Park.
Wife of Bardstown officer makes plea for tips to solve his slaying
Updated: 6:31 PM
- Amy Ellis, wife of slain Bardstown police officer Jason Ellis, appears in a video released by Kentucky State Police. State police released the video in an effort to get new tips to solve the 2013 murder.
TLC pulls Duggar family series amid misconduct reports
Posted: 5:02 PM
- TLC says it has pulled the reality series "19 Kids and Counting" from its schedule, a move that follows reports of sexual misconduct allegations against Josh Duggar from when he was a juvenile.
Arraignment held for five people named in bourbon theft indictment
Updated: 6:27 PM
- Not guilty pleas were entered on behalf of five of the 10 people indicted in what officials are calling the largest bourbon heist in Kentucky history.
Jim Caldwell's Forecast | Temps warming up this weekend
Posted: 3:52 PM
- Memorial Day Weekend is upon us and the weather will behave just as you would expect for the unofficial beginning of Summer.
Memorial Day weekend kicks off boating season in Kentucky
Updated: 6:28 PM
- Memorial Day weekend marks the start of boating season in Kentucky.
Memorial Day weekend travel: What to expect on the roads
Updated: 1:47 PM
- What is traditionally marked as the start of summer travel season is here. Travel experts expect the roadways to be quite busy Memorial Day weekend.
Madison County man sentenced for killing girlfriend's brother
Updated: 4:13 PM
- Earlier this month, Jeremy Rice, pleaded guilty to a reduced charge in the 2013 death of Joshua Childers. On Friday, he learned how much time he would spend behind bars for that first degree manslaughter charge.
One person killed after plane crashes in Perry County
Updated: 6:23 PM
- One person was killed after a plane crashed in the Lower Lost Creek community of Perry County on Thursday.
Lincoln Co. woman sentenced to 25 years for killing grandparents
Updated: 6:26 PM
- A Lincoln County woman convicted of murdering her grandparents will serve two concurrent 25 year sentences for her crime.
Kentucky Education Commissioner sends warning to Fayette County Public Schools
Updated: 6:28 PM
- The Kentucky Education Commissioner has warned that Fayette County Schools could face state actions if low-achieving schools don't improve.
Crash slows traffic on U.S. 60 in Woodford County
Updated: 1:40 PM
- Three pickup trucks were involved in a serious crash Friday in Woodford County.
New Lexington shopping center proposed for Leestown Road
Updated: 10:36 AM
- All the road work in the area - including the extension of Citation Boulevard - could bring with it even more development to the northwest end of Lexington.
Suspect in killings of wealthy DC family arrested
Updated: 5:48 AM
- Authorities have arrested an ex-convict who's accused in the killings of a wealthy Washington family and their housekeeper.
Family-owned since 1939, Cincinnati-based Frisch's sold
Updated: 10:31 AM
- Frisch's Big Boy restaurants are being sold to a private equity fund, ending family ownership of the Cincinnati-based chain that dates to its first drive-thru in 1939.
More WKYT Top Stories