House, Senate chart separate courses on border
Posted: 6:39 AM
- Senate Democrats and House Republicans are moving separately to slash President Barack Obama's $3.7 billion emergency spending request for the southern border, but they're unlikely to end up with a deal that could pass both chambers.
Holmes in court for hearing on expert testimony
Posted: 6:42 AM
- The man charged with the Colorado theater massacre is returning to court for the second day of hearings about what kinds of experts can testify at his trial.
Lexington's mail processing center back on chopping block
- The U.S. Postal Service's processing and distribution center in Lexington is back on the chopping block.
Neighbors help owners of Laurel Co. 'filthy' home
- A Laurel County home considered unsafe for children, received a makeover.
23 arrested in Jackson County drug roundup
- Many alleged drug dealers in Jackson County got an unexpected wake up call, Tuesday morning when police showed up at their front door with a warrant for their arrest.
Recliner dumped in parking lot of Lincoln County fire station
- Firefighters say they plan on pursuing charges against the person who dumped the recliner.
Memorial honoring injured veterans under way in DC
Posted: 6:28 AM
- A new memorial is rising near the National Mall that will be the first in Washington dedicated to veterans who come home with life-changing injuries.
Madison County winery auctioned off to highest bidders
- A central Kentucky winery was auctioned off piece by piece on Tuesday.
Woman kidnapped at gunpoint in Stanford
- It's a terrifying scenario, a woman kidnapped from her apartment at gunpoint.
Eastern Ky. touted in culinary tourism promotion
Posted: 6:02 AM
- Forty-eight food destinations in eastern Kentucky are included in a new guidemap to promote culinary tourism.
Driver hits cruisers during Casey County chase
- A man is in jail after police say he crashed into four cruisers during a chase.
School creates "Lockdown App"
Updated: 5:28 AM
- A New Cellphone App could help teachers and school administrators communicate during a lockdown.
Two plead guilty in Morgan County kickback scheme
- Two eastern Kentucky construction firm owners accused in a kickback scheme have each entered a guilty plea in federal court.
Passion for veterans lands Heather French Henry new role
Updated: 4:42 AM
- Her name has been tossed around the Kentucky political arena more than once, but recently an appointment from Governor Steve Beshear landed a former Miss America in Frankfort.
Its a job that is more than personal to her and one she has spent more than a decade working for, veterans issues.
Recently, WKYT's Amber Philpott sat down with the new Commissioner of Veterans Affairs in Kentucky, Heather French Henry.
Campbellsville Police searching for burglary ring suspects
- Campbellsville Police say an investigation into a possible burglary ring began on July 6, after someone stole about $10,000 worth of items from a safe inside a home.
Police: Knox Co. couple put child in scalding water
- Sierra Shepherd and Tyrone Person are both in the Knox County jail.
More WKYT Top Stories