Grand jury indicts Madison Co. teacher accused of having sex with student
- A grad jury has indicted a Madison County teacher accused of having sex with a student.
Man pleads not guilty to killing 8-week-old
Posted: 1:07 PM
- A Barren County man has pleaded not guilty to killing an 8-week-old infant.
Edward Snowden's ready to go to prison; waiting on answer from U.S.
Posted: 11:12 AM
- Edward Snowden, the former government contractor who leaked National Security Agency (NSA) documents about the agency's surveillance programs, says he's offered "many times" to go to prison in the United States.
Coroner identifies pedestrian killed in Berea
Updated: 1:30 PM
- The Madison County coroner identified the pedestrian hit and killed Monday night in Berea.
Police: Mom investigated for publicly shaming her son
Posted: 7:59 AM
- Authorities say a mother is under investigation after writing "bad" on her son's head, dressing him in women's clothes and parading him around a Wal-Mart store as punishment.
Police: Woman hit, killed by vehicle near Richmond Kroger
- Police are investigating a deadly accident in Richmond.
$200,000 winning Cash Ball ticket sold in Lawrenceburg
Posted: 10:45 AM
- Someone is $200,000 richer after a winning Cash Ball ticket was sold in central Kentucky.
Perry County teacher suspended after drug trafficking charge
Posted: 11:02 AM
- A Perry County Central teacher was suspended with pay after being charged in a drug trafficking case.
Police investigating after Lexington motel is robbed
Updated: 7:47 AM
- Lexington police are investigating after a motel was robbed.
Lancaster police are investigating after man is stabbed
Posted: 5:31 AM
- The Lancaster Police Department is investigating after a man was stabbed.
Plea hearing set for $8.7M Ohio embezzlement suspect
Posted: 8:59 AM
- A change-of-plea hearing is scheduled for an accountant arrested along the Appalachian Trail, six years after he fled after being accused of embezzling $8.7 million.
Kentucky Board of Education ratifies new commissioner's contract
Updated: 10:37 AM
- The Kentucky Board of Education officially named Stephen Pruitt the new state education commissioner.
Airline pilot dies during flight from Phoenix to Boston
Posted: 6:08 AM
- Officials say an American Airlines pilot became gravely ill while flying from Phoenix to Boston and later died, but his first officer took over and safely landed the plane in Syracuse.
General Mills recalling 1.8M Cheerios boxes on allergy risk
Posted: 6:35 AM
- General Mills is recalling 1.8 million boxes of Cheerios and Honey Nut Cheerios, saying the cereal is labeled gluten-free but actually contains wheat.
Justice Department weighs in on suit over handcuffed child
- The Department of Justice has issued a statement of interest in a federal lawsuit over children being handcuffed by a school resource officer in northern Kentucky.
Eastern Kentucky University issues alert after discovering threatening message
Updated: 1:32 PM
- WKYT is tracking a developing story after a threatening message was reportedly found on a bathroom wall at Eastern Kentucky University.
Hawkins breaks hand, will miss four weeks
Updated: 5:50 AM
- Kentucky guard Dominique Hawkins suffered a broken hand in practice this weekend and will be sidelined about four weeks.
Search continues for missing Knott County woman
- Natasha Jones disappeared without a trace nearly five months ago from her Knott County home.
More WKYT Top Stories