Meade County man injured in garage explosion
Posted: 11:10 PM
- A Meade County man survived a powerful blast after his garage exploded while he was inside of it.
Lexington flu numbers continue to grow, 18 confirmed cases
Updated: 6:28 PM
- Lexington health officials said on Monday that there were 18 confirmed cases of the flu, which is higher normal for this time of year.
Retailers and package deliverers take on peak shipping volume days before Christmas
Posted: 8:53 PM
- FedEx, UPS and online retailers are working to avoid a repeat of the problems that occurred at the end of last year's holiday shopping season.
Leg lamp stolen from New York store's display
Posted: 8:48 PM
- Who took the leg lamp belonging to Ralphie's "Old Man" from a New York store's annual tribute to "A Christmas Story"?
Beshear: Waiting to build bridge will be costly
Posted: 8:38 PM
- Democratic Gov. Steve Beshear says it will cost taxpayers $7 million every month lawmakers do not take action to replace the Brent Spence Bridge connecting northern Kentucky with Cincinnati.
Police: employee stole $60,000 meant for Middlesboro Walmart ATM
Posted: 8:08 PM
- A Walmart employee is in jail after police say he stole $60,000 from the Middlesboro store.
Lexington police release images of suspects in Sixth Street shooting
Updated: 6:24 PM
- Lexington police released images of two men who were caught on camera during a shooting Monday morning on East Sixth Street.
Assistant Chief Barnard named Lexington police chief
Updated: 1:03 PM
- Lexington Mayor Jim Gray on Monday announced Mark Barnard, the assistant chief of the Bureau of Investigations, will be the city's next police chief.
Lexington woman fights off assailant in Kroger parking lot
Updated: 6:22 PM
- What started as a routine trip to the grocery store, took a frightening turn for a Central Kentucky mother.
A big storm rolls in ahead of Christmas
Updated: 3:01 PM
- Heavy rain, high winds and a touch of snow will all be possible over the next few days.
Agent of Joe Cocker says British singer has died of lung cancer at age 70
Updated: 2:27 PM
- Agent of Joe Cocker says British singer has died of lung cancer at age 70.
North Korea experiencing severe Internet outages
Posted: 4:47 PM
- North Korea is experiencing widespread Internet outages. One expert says the country's online access is "totally down."
Two injured during shooting at Frankfort business
Updated: 3:08 PM
- Police in Franklin County are investigating after two men were shot inside a business early Saturday morning.
Pulaski man sentenced for beating at Rockcastle quarry
Updated: 6:22 PM
- Jason Gambrel will serve 14 years for the assault on Derek Kissee. Police say Kissee could have died from the brutal beating at the hands of Gambrel that Gambrel said was over 'money and drugs.'
NY mayor: No protests until after officer funerals
Posted: 4:45 PM
- New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio says protests and political debate over police tactics should be halted until the funerals are held for two officer shot and killed inside their patrol car.
Fayette Co. coroner identifies man killed in car crash
Updated: 6:33 PM
- The Fayette County coroner says a 22-year-old Georgetown man, Dustin Smith, was killed after his car ran off a road near the Fayette, Scott County line Monday morning.
More WKYT Top Stories