Obama consults Spain, Kazakh leaders on Ukraine
- President Barack Obama has spoken with the leaders of Spain and Kazakhstan about the crisis in Ukraine.
Brodhead Elementary School closed Tuesday due to water line break
- All other Rockcastle County schools will be open Tuesday.
NRA seeks to block gun magazine ban
- The National Rifle Association is asking Supreme Court Justice Anthony Kennedy to block enforcement of a California city ordinance that bans gun magazines capable of holding more than 10 bullets.
Senate OKs bill to combat military sexual assault
- The Senate has overwhelmingly approved a bill that would make big changes in the military justice system to deal with sexual assault.
House budget plan seeks new roles for Ag Dept.
- Kentucky's Agriculture Department would be assigned new responsibilities under a budget plan pending in the House budget committee.
Bill aims to keep minors away from tanning beds
- The Kentucky House has passed a measure aimed at blocking minors from using tanning beds.
Sen. Joe Manchin seeks to block new painkiller
- U.S. Sen. Joe Manchin is calling on the government's top health official to overturn the approval of a powerful painkiller, arguing that the pill Zohydro could add to the national epidemic of prescription drug abuse.
House budget would let schools forgive 10 days
- Kentucky public school students would not have to make up as many as 10 canceled school days under a proposal in the House budget.
Police officer admits to shooting, killing neighbor's dog in Scott Co.
- A Lexington police officer admits to his neighbors, he shot and killed their family dog.
Wild weather changes ahead
- Spring temps will give way to another round of winter weather.
Lightning rod scam costs Whitley Co. homeowner thousands
- After an investigation in to a possible scam, there's now a warrant out for a Laurel County man.
String of car thefts continues in Lexington
- Thieves stole more than a dozen cars in a string of car thefts, around Lexington, in just the last few days alone.
Lancaster nurse pleads not guilty to stealing patient's medicine
- A woman charged with wanton endangerment and endangering the welfare of a minor went before a judge Monday morning.
Clark Co. woman charged with murder, faces another DUI charge
- A Clark County woman charged with wanton murder, for a deadly crash last year, has now been charged with a DUI for another crash.
Trio arrested in rash of Lincoln car break-ins
- Police say the three suspects could be tied to similar crimes in Danville and Boyle County.
WKYT Investigates: Lancaster man says dog stolen & flipped, part of a growing trend
- "There are people that, due to the economy, due to drugs, due to easy money, they steal animals," said advocate Debbie Wimsatt. She says this so-called "dog flipping" happens either when people get a free dog and then sell it, or steal a dog and sell it.
More WKYT Top Stories