River recovers after coal ash spill as fines weighed
Posted: 12:49 PM
- A year after the sudden collapse of an old drainage pipe triggered the third largest coal ash spill in U.S. history, regulators say they are still working to determine how much to fine the nation's largest electricity company.
Pretrial meeting set on secret info in US Capitol plot case
Posted: 12:44 PM
- A federal judge will meet with prosecutors and defense attorneys on how to handle classified information in the case of an Ohio man accused of plotting to attack the U.S. Capitol and kill federal officials and workers.
Chicago charity sending 5,000 pizzas to troops in Afghanistan
Posted: 10:43 AM
- Make it 5,000 pizzas to go please.
Study examines impacts of Medicaid expansion
Updated: 9:55 AM
- Consultants are finishing a report that examines how Medicaid expansion through the Affordable Care Act has impacted Kentucky's health care system.
Lexington Police searching for man who cut off ankle monitor during chase
Updated: 9:36 AM
- Lexington police are on the lookout for a man they say cut off his ankle monitor during a chase overnight.
Soggy Super Bowl Sunday ahead
Posted: 6:49 AM
- It's Super Bowl Sunday(!) and initially it looked like snow, but now, it looks more like a soggy, rainy Sunday.
Powell county man bitten by venomous South American snake
- What started as a routine Friday at the Kentucky Reptile Zoo quickly turned life-threatening for Director Jim Harrison.
Clark County library introduces 'seed library'
- A Central Kentucky library is hoping a new program will sprout some interest.
Officer injured when police try to serve warrant in Lexington
- Lexington Police are looking for a man they say injured one of their officers.
Online video shows Islamic State group beheading Japanese journalist
- An online video purports to show Islamic State group militants beheading Japanese journalist Kenji Goto.
Second Lexington escapee arrested in Bell County
- Officials with the Blackburn Correctional complex tell WKYT authorities have arrested a man who escaped in November.
Lexington police explain rights, responsibilities to community
- In light of recent violence across the nation involving police officers, Lexington police met with one community to help them understand their rights.
Police searching for Lexington dollar store robber
- The Lexington Police Department is searching for a robbery suspect on Saturday morning.
Automakers recall more than 2M vehicles for faulty air bags
- More than 2 million Toyota, Chrysler and Honda vehicles are being recalled for faulty air bags that may inflate while the car is running.
Lexington firefighters investigating vacant house fire
- Firefighters are investigating an overnight fire at a vacant home on Mason Headley Road on Saturday.
Hatfields, McCoys make moonshine legally W.Va.
- Direct descendants of the Hatfields and McCoys are producing legal moonshine, the start of a new legacy for the families made famous for their 19th-century feud.
More WKYT Top Stories