Bluegrass Poll: Senate race swings toward McConnell
- The pendulum in the race for Kentucky's senate seat is swinging ever-so-slightly toward Sen. Mitch McConnell over his Democratic challenger Alison Lundergan Grimes, according to the latest Bluegrass Poll.
Georgetown gas station targeted again by robber
22 mins ago
- Georgetown police are looking for a man who held up a Shell gas station early Tuesday morning.
Items belonging to Morgan being displayed
Posted: 5:41 AM
- Personal items belonging to Confederate Gen. John Hunt Morgan are being displayed through Nov. 1 at Columbus-Belmont State Park in western Kentucky.
Senate panel to hold hearing for Kentucky nominees
Posted: 5:34 AM
- Two attorneys from Kentucky nominated for positions on the federal bench are set for a hearing before the U.S. Senate Judiciary Committee.
Bridge lanes to be restricted during inspection
Posted: 5:28 AM
- Drivers traveling between Henderson, Kentucky, and Evansville, Indiana, on the U.S. 41 Twin Bridges should expect lane restrictions starting Monday.
Kentucky schools collaborating on space project
Posted: 5:24 AM
- Kentucky scientists and engineers are collaborating on a project involving research aboard the International Space Station.
Hail destroys crops at UK research farm
- Storms that damaged homes also brought hail that destroyed several acres worth of research crops.
Clinton to make 2 appearances with Grimes
- Former President Bill Clinton will make two appearances in Kentucky next week with Democratic U.S. Senate candidate Alison Lundergan Grimes.
NWS confirms straight-line winds caused storm damage in Lexington
- Sunday storms brought severe damage to many communities in the Bluegrass. As for Lexington, the National Weather Service confirms straight-line winds caused the damage.
Lawsuit filed over zone change for proposed quarry in Clark County
- The Allen Company wants to open the quarry near the Kentucky River.
Bluegrass Poll: Kentuckians weigh in on President, issues
- A new Bluegrass Poll gives a report card for President Obama, reveals Kentucky's view on which party should control the U.S. Senate, and gauges the state's view on the recent Supreme Court ruling over health-care benefits regarding contraceptives.
Kids rob Lexington ice cream truck
Updated: 5:13 AM
- Lexington Police are trying to track down a group of children they say robbed an ice cream truck driver.
Funeral services set for "Wah Wah" Jones
- Funeral arrangements have been set for former UK legend Wallace "Wah Wah" Jones.
Madison Co. homeowner cleaning up after weekend storms
- A lot of families across Central Kentucky are picking up after weekend storms left damage behind.
KSP issues a traffic advisory for outlet mall opening
- The Outlet Shoppes of the Bluegrass opens Thursday, as result, officials expect heavy traffic in that area of Shelby County.
Near record low temps possible
- Another fall pattern settles in.
WKYT Investigates: Lexington's crime 'Made in Detroit'
- "The profits that are made down south are double, triple what can be made up here. The gangs know that and they go down there to try to exploit that," Lyle Dungy explained.
More WKYT Top Stories