Deadline approaching to create mobile art classroom for at-risk Lexington kids
Posted: 4:53 PM
- Josh Nadzam is heading up a campaign, through the crowdfunding site Kickstarter, to turn a vintage 1969 trailer into a mobile art classroom for low-income, at-risk children in Lexington. The group is about $1600 away from their goal. "The pressure is definitely on," said Ben Mason.
Eastern Kentucky man set for trial in slaying
Posted: 4:18 PM
- An eastern Kentucky man charged with a 2011 slaying is set to face a jury while a co-defendant who pleaded guilty will face a judge for sentencing.
Rice wins appeal, 'suspension vacated'
Posted: 3:50 PM
- Ray Rice has won the appeal of his indefinite suspension by the NFL, which has been "vacated immediately," the players' union said Friday.
Three Lexington businesses burglarized overnight
Updated: 2:55 PM
- Police are investigating three overnight burglaries in Lexington on Friday.
Hearing set for January over destroyed evidence in Lexington
Posted: 3:57 PM
- A federal judge will hear testimony in January over a former Kentucky State Police trooper's decision to destroy evidence in the case against two men charged with killing an informant.
Black Friday holiday job fair held in Lexington
Posted: 3:30 PM
- Instead of spending money this Black Friday some people in Lexington went to a job fair to learn more about seasonal positions this holiday season.
'Tis the season to start (safely) decorating for the holidays
Updated: 6:53 PM
- While Black Friday marks the start of the holiday shopping season, to some it marks the start of holiday decorating season and safety is key to make sure your season is a merry one.
Two indicted for Boyle County raccoon mauling incident
Posted: 1:42 PM
- After nearly five months, two people who were allegedly involved in a raccoon mauling event earlier this year at the Boyle County fair have been indicted.
UK vs U of L as football finale: It ain't right
Posted: 2:34 PM
- In the past, if we’re talking Cats vs. Cards after the leaves have clogged our gutters, it’s usually been set against the backdrop of bouncing basketballs. But not this Saturday.
Tree lighting, parade highlight Lexington Christmas festivities
Posted: 10:40 AM
- Downtown Lexington will kick off the holiday season on tonight in and around Triangle Park. Along with the Unified Trust Company Ice Rink, there will be a holiday artist’s market and the city's official tree lighting ceremony.
Lexington police search for suspects after late night robbery
Posted: 5:39 AM
- Investigators say they're looking for two men after a man was robbed at gunpoint Friday.
Growers grateful for higher Christmas tree prices
Updated: 10:41 AM
- After several tough years, the nation's Christmas tree growers are happy to see higher prices, but customers shouldn't worry too much.
Franklin Co. father and son accused of stealing from Toys for Tots
Updated: 3:44 PM
- A Franklin County man and his son are facing theft charges this Thanksgiving, accused of stealing thousands of dollars from a Toys for Tots program.
Watch teaser trailer for 'Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens'
Posted: 2:36 PM
- Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures released the first teaser trailer for "Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens" Friday.
Judge steps down in case of Kentucky lawmaker
Posted: 11:30 AM
- A federal judge has recused himself from hearing the case against an outgoing Kentucky lawmaker and a retired state mine inspector facing bribery charges.
Wait for execution has financial, mental toll in Kentucky
Posted: 10:37 AM
- The average time between a death sentence being handed down in Kentucky and an execution is 20 years - exceeding a national average of 12.8 years.
More WKYT Top Stories