Family of slain Bardstown informant wins judgment over death
Posted: 1:58 PM
- The Kentucky Supreme Court has reinstated a damage award to the family of a teenage informant killed while working for police, but lowered the amount the state must pay.
Kentucky's struggling retirement system to receive $23 million
Updated: 1:50 PM
- Kentucky's struggling retirement system will get $23 million to cover a $21 million loss because of the risky mortgage-backed securities it purchased from Bank of America and its related companies.
Five winning lottery tickets sold to one player in Lexington
Updated: 10:39 AM
- What may have been an unusual lottery strategy paid off for one lucky player.
Lexington's original Harry's to close for menu makeover
Posted: 12:13 PM
- The original Harry's American Bar location will close its doors Saturday as the restaurant gets a makeover on its interior and menu.
Official: Militants asked $132.5M ransom for journalist
Posted: 12:31 PM
- A U.S. official says the Islamic State militants who beheaded American journalist James Foley in Syria had demanded $132.5 million - or 100 million Euros- in ransom for his release.
Lexington lawyer disbarred after fraud plea
Posted: 12:19 PM
- A Lexington attorney facing federal prison time for fraud has been permanently disbarred by the Kentucky Supreme Court.
Thief pulls gun on Lexington couple during strong-arm robbery
Updated: 12:45 PM
- Lexington Police say they have surveillance video as well as witness testimony to help them close an armed robbery case Thursday.
Ky. high court suspends lawyer charged with attempted murder
Posted: 12:24 PM
- A West Virginia attorney charged with attempted murder has been indefinitely suspended from practicing law in Kentucky.
State emergency officials concerned about flood potential in eastern Kentucky
Updated: 12:44 PM
- State emergency officials are keeping a close eye on the rain potential over the next few days. Officials say the ground is already full of water in some areas, particularly eastern Kentucky.
Late night head-on crash injures four in Lexington
Updated: 7:18 AM
- Emergency officials say four people are recovering after a head-on collision on a busy Lexington road.
Doctor: No health risk from 2 US Ebola patients
Updated: 11:49 AM
- Dr. Kent Brantly has recovered and will be discharged from Emory University Hospital in Atlanta.
CSEPP urges participation in emergency readiness survey
Posted: 11:56 AM
- CSEPP is asking people in Clark, Estill, Garrard, Jackson, Laurel, Madison and Powell counties to take a survey.
Fundraiser started for Franklin Co. teen injured in shooting
- The 14-year-old injured in a shooting on Monday is recovering and his family is raising money to help with expenses.
Conway announces $16 billion settlement with Bank of America
Posted: 11:15 AM
- As a result of the settlement, $23 million will be returned to the Kentucky Retirement Systems.
State fair ham auction fetches record $2 million
Posted: 10:30 AM
- More than 1,000 guests came out for the Kentucky Country Ham Breakfast and Auction.
Storms bring traffic woes and power outages to UK's campus
- A severe storm hit Lexington in the middle of afternoon rush hour, knocking out power. Even some UK students got stuck in an elevator during the storm.
More WKYT Top Stories