A big storm rolls in ahead of Christmas
Updated: 3:01 PM
- Heavy rain, high winds and a touch of snow will all be possible over the next few days.
Agent of Joe Cocker says British singer has died of lung cancer at age 70
Updated: 2:27 PM
- Agent of Joe Cocker says British singer has died of lung cancer at age 70.
North Korea experiencing severe Internet outages
Posted: 4:47 PM
- North Korea is experiencing widespread Internet outages. One expert says the country's online access is "totally down."
Two injured during shooting at Frankfort business
Updated: 3:08 PM
- Police in Franklin County are investigating after two men were shot inside a business early Saturday morning.
Pulaski man sentenced for beating at Rockcastle quarry
Updated: 6:22 PM
- Jason Gambrel will serve 14 years for the assault on Derek Kissee. Police say Kissee could have died from the brutal beating at the hands of Gambrel that Gambrel said was over 'money and drugs.'
NY mayor: No protests until after officer funerals
Posted: 4:45 PM
- New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio says protests and political debate over police tactics should be halted until the funerals are held for two officer shot and killed inside their patrol car.
Lexington flu numbers continue to grow, 18 confirmed cases
Updated: 6:28 PM
- Lexington health officials said on Monday that there were 18 confirmed cases of the flu, which is higher normal for this time of year.
Fayette Co. coroner identifies man killed in car crash
Updated: 6:33 PM
- The Fayette County coroner says a 22-year-old Georgetown man, Dustin Smith, was killed after his car ran off a road near the Fayette, Scott County line Monday morning.
Man who stole car with baby inside arrested in Hamilton County
- Police have arrested the man they say stole a car with a baby inside.
Bourbon County high school principal arrested for DUI
Updated: 2:11 PM
- The principal of a Central Kentucky high school was arrested for DUI.
FDA approves new melanoma drug from Bristol-Myers
Posted: 4:43 PM
- The Food and Drug Administration has approved a new drug from Bristol-Myers Squibb to treat the deadliest form of skin cancer.
Powell County man makes Christmas special for families
Updated: 6:57 AM
- Hundreds of people lined up for a special Christmas treat in Powell County Sunday. Every year, Jimmy Cole turns the Peddler's Auction into a kind of North Pole for kids.
Ariz. sheriff aims to halt Obama immigration order
Posted: 6:37 AM
- An Arizona sheriff is trying to halt President Barack Obama's plans to spare nearly 5 million immigrants from deportation.
Witness describes moments leading to Lexington police chase
- We are learning more about a man who led police on a chase through Lexington on Saturday.
Missing 10-year-old girl with autism found safe in Lexington
- A missing 10-year-old girl with autism was found safe in Lexington Saturday morning.
Pet owner, charged with animal cruelty, arrested in Rowan County
- A pet owner, charged with animal cruelty, is now behind bars, after one of his dogs was found dead and the other was considered to be near-death.
More WKYT Top Stories