One injured in Winchester shooting near busy park
- A man was injured in a shooting, but Winchester Police tell us the bullet wasn't meant for him. The shots were fired on Meadow Street Thursday evening, not far from a busy park.
Lexington bank robbed by man in surgical mask
- A Lexington bank was robbed on Thursday afternoon by a man, police say, was wearing a surgical mask.
Superintendent talks audit with Fayette County parents
- He's promising a change after an audit found financial mismanagement in his district. On Thursday, Fayette County Schools superintendent Tom Shelton met with parents to walk them through the findings.
Big Blue Madness campers get a Big Blue surprise
- Kentucky fans will not be able to get their hands on Big Blue Madness tickets until Saturday, but the campers did get a Big Blue surprise on Thursday night.
Missing man located in Tennessee
- State police have located a man at the center of a golden alert.
3 students arrested in drive-thru disorder
- It’s not unusual to find college students using a fast food drive-thru but what recently happened at a drive-thru landed three Georgetown College students in jail.
Rowan County coaches can't pray with players
- A pre-game ritual is getting some attention at an eastern Kentucky high school. The Rowan County principal says the football coach is no longer allowed to lead the team in prayer, and it's left some parents upset.
New restaurant for mac and cheese lovers coming to Lexington
- There's a new restaurant coming to Lexington and it's perfect for mac and cheese lovers.
Youth football players coached by professionals
- The role of a coach is to pass down knowledge and teach from past experience. One central Kentucky youth football team has more than enough experience on the sidelines.
Jessamine County cyclist arrested
- Just days after being convicted of careless driving, a central Kentucky bicyclist was back in jail.
A half and half weekend ahead
- A strong cold front crosses the state in the coming days.
UK men's basketball TV and times finalized
- The remainder of the Kentucky men’s basketball start times and TV info are complete, leaving the Wildcats with 32 nationally televised contests this year on either the SEC Network, ESPN’s family of networks (ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU) or CBS.
Domino's Pizza offers reward in Danville shooting
- Domino's Pizza in Danville is offering a reward for information leading to the arrest of the gunman who shot an employee.
Vote counting begins in Scotland on independence
- The polls have closed and vote counting is underway in Scotland's historic referendum on whether to end the country's 307-year-old union with England.
Friend walks from Louisville to Morehead, raising money for fallen Navy Seal
- "It's inspiring to me to see all the people that care," Nathan Tingle said. "It restores your faith in humanity, that's for sure."
Company to assess Lexington playground in need of update
- LFUCG Parks and Recreation, and a new group called LexCreate, are working to compromise on a way to upgrade the playground, while still keeping its creative style.
More WKYT Top Stories