- It is important to develop a partnership with the health care professional, especially your primary care physician. It is your primary care doctor who should be making referrals to specialists and coordinating your overall medical care.
- A clinical trial is a research study that involves human volunteers to help answer specific health questions and develop new treatments or interventions related to a medical condition.
- The focus of Senior Medicare Patrol (S.M.P.) is to help people prevent, detect and report Medicare fraud and abuse, a multibillion dollar problem in America. Medicare fraud occurs when Medicare is billed for goods or services that have not been provided.
- Just as we exercise our bodies to keep them in working order, so must we exercise our brains to stay mentally agile and adept. It’s the use-it-or-lose-it theory. By engaging in mentally stimulating activities, we can maintain our brain functions as we age.
- Medical conditions that can occur more commonly in seniors will also affect the eyes such as: diabetes, high blood pressure, inflammatory diseases, cancers and other systemic conditions.