LFUCG Division of Waste Management has an Electronic Recycling Center, at 1306 Versailles Road, available for any Fayette Co resident.
Any personal electronic item can be dropped of at this facility, free of charge. Material collected at this facility is sent to a certified electronics recycler that will dismantle, erase/destroy all personal information, and recycle all the components.
The center is open every day of the week, 8 am to 4 pm, and Saturdays, 8 and to 12 noon.
Items that they accept are:
• Computers, printers, copiers
• Printer cartridges
• Toner cases
• Handheld games
• Cell phones and other communication devices
• Microwave ovens
• Televisions and monitors
• Audio and video players/equipment
• Small corded electrical items (such as toasters, hair dryers, or radios)
• Holiday lights and extension cords
• Fluorescent light tubes (no CFLs)
• MP3 players, PDAs, laptops and electronic tablets
• Rechargeable batteries (no automotive/lead-acid or household alkaline batteries accepted)
New this year – they also accept CDs, DVDs, VHS and Cassette tapes and their cases.
They also accept Holiday lights and extension cords, and fluorescent light tubes (no CFLs). CFL’s can be taken to a local Home Depot or Lowe’s store, and they have a free recycling program for those.
To drop of an item, just follow the signs to the back building, drive in. LFUCG personnel will unload the items for you. Please make sure to have identification ready, proving Fayette Co residency.
This service is for residents only, no businesses please.