Everyone knows and talks about the WYMT Mountain Top Ten teams, but what about the other teams not on the list. Here is a look at some of the team you also need to keep an eye out for.
- Pineville (3-0) Pineville is led by running back Cody Hendrickson who currently has a quiet 590 yards on the ground with 8 scores on 47 carries. Defensively, this team is led by Eric Raby who has a team leading 27 tackles and 3 interceptions in three games of work.
- Betsy Layne (2-1) Betsy Layne is on a two game winning streak, and for a team who said they were going to rely on their air attack in the preseason is getting it done on the ground. As a team, the Bobcats have run for 945 yards. Korey Jarrell has contributed 444 of those yards, while Casey Adkins has rushed for 416 yards. Both had 5 TDs on the ground. And you can not forget about the special team as Austin Hall already has two kick returns for touchdowns.
- Pike County Central (3-0) Pike Co. Central has rolled through their first three games putting up huge numbers. The Hawks have dropped 160 points (second in Class 3A to only Somerset) on their opponents while only allowing 32 points (first in all of Class 3A).
- Magoffin Co. (3-1) The Hornets had a chance to extend their undefeated record to 4 games this week but fell short to Morgan Co. 36-32. After losing Jostan Helton to graduation last year, people wondered who would pick up the slack on the ground. That was quickly answered by James C. Howard.
Rockcastle Co. (2-1) Everyone always seems to forget about the Rock as of late mainly because of their tough district with Bell Co. and Knox, but the Rockets are led by their Junior stud running back Clarke Rowe has 499 yards and 7 touchdowns in 3 games.
- Harlan Co. (2-1) The Black Bears have rebounded nicely since their season opening loss to Pulaski Co. in the Ray Correll Bowl. The Tom Larkey led team not only picked up wins number 250 and 251 for their head coach, but they, like many of the WYMT Coverage area teams do it on the ground. This team is led by a two back core of Marcus McMillian (237 yards), Dylon Smith (109 yards). But then quarterback Jordan Brewer is also a threat to tuck it and go adding 162 yards on the ground.