Everybody loves random facts. Here are some for you to waste some time at work with:
· The average life span of a major league baseball is 5-7 pitches.
· The home team must provide 36 footballs for outdoor games and 24 for indoor games in the NFL.
· The maximum weight for a golf ball is 1.62 ounces.
· Table tennis balls have been known to travel off the paddle at speeds up to 105.6 miles per hour.
· All major league baseball umpires must wear black underwear while on the job (in case they split their pants).
· Michael Jordan makes more money from Nike annually than all of the Nike factory workers in Malaysia combined.
· A game of pool is referred to as a “frame”.
· The Kentucky Derby is the oldest continually held sports event in the United States (1875). The second oldest is the Westminster Kennel Club Dog show (1876).
· Steve Young is the great-great-grandson of Mormon leader Brigham Young.
· Chris Ford scored the first ever NBA three-point shot.
· The silhouette on the NBA logo is Jerry West.
· If you stretch a standard slinky out flat it measures 87 feet long.
· Bank robber John Dillinger played for his hometown baseball team before robbing banks.
· The Tour de France race is 2,300 miles long.
· The referee tossed a jump ball after every basket in basketball until 1937.
· In 1986 danny heep became the first player in a world series to be a designated hitter (dh) with the initials "d.h".
· Elvis was a black belt in karate.
· The 1912 Olympics was the last time that gold medals were solid gold. Ever since, they’ve been silver with gold plating.
Hope you had fun wasting some time. I know I did. Have a good mid-week.
~ Jeff Archer