I got to thinking (never a good thing), if I picked a bracket based only on the AP Poll, the Coaches Poll, RPI or the Kenpom ratings, who would win? To answer the question, I did the research and created the brackets and put them into a bracket contest on Yahoo.com. I then also tossed in the President's picks just for fun.
Here are the first day results:
1. Coaches Poll - 13 of 16 with a possible point total of 189 left
2. Kenpom - 13 of 16 with a possible point total of 185 left
3. President Obama - 12 of 16 with a possible point total of 180 left
4. RPI - 11 of 16 with a possible point total of 181 left
5. Associated Press Poll - 10 of 16 with a possible point total of 184 left
* The Big East really hurt the President. He had Georgetown in the Elite 8 and Marquette in the Sweet 16.
* The Coaches Poll did great, not losing a single Sweet 16 team.
* All the brackets have Kansas as the champion except for the Kenpom ratings which lists Duke as the Top team.
Check back periodically and I let you know how the polls are doing. I know you'll be curious.
~ Jeff Archer