I got to thinking (never a good thing), if I picked a bracket based only on the AP Poll, the Coaches Poll, RPI or the Kenpom ratings, who would win? To answer the question, I did the research and created the brackets and put them into a bracket contest on Yahoo.com. I then also tossed in the President's picks just for fun.
Here are the standings and some notes leading into the Final Four:
1.) Coaches Poll - 73 Points (Complete)
2.) Associated Press - 68 Points (Complete)
2.) RPI - 68 Points (Complete)
4. Kenpom - 64 Points (112 Points Possible)
5. President Obama - 59 Points (Complete)
* The Kenpom ranking is the only bracket with a team left advancing. It has Duke winning it all. A Blue Devil victory in the Final Four would make them the winner.
* The Coaches Poll had the early lead and never gave it back. It is in the lead based on the strength of its success in the first two rounds. Those early games may determine the champion.
* President Obama bought into the Big East hype. It cost his brackets dearly.
Does anybody have at least 2 of its Final Four teams left? Give me a shout and let me know.
~ Jeff Archer