Let's have some fun with something so simple...
Stands for "Approved Attired"
NBA Dress Code...let me know if you've ever seen the following broken:
1. General Policy: Business Casual - Players are required to wear business casual attire whenever they are engaged in team or league business.
Business Casual Attire Definition according to NBA:
- A long or short-sleeved dress shirt (collared or turtleneck), and/or a sweater
- Dress slacks, khaki pants or dress jeans
- Appropriate shoes and socks, including dress shoes, dress boots or other presentable shoes, but not incluing sneakers, sandals, flip-flops or work boots
2. Exceptions to Business Casual - There are the following exceptions to the general policy listed above:
- A. Players in attendance at games but not in uniform...Players who are in attendance at games but not in uniform are required to wear the following additional items when seated on the bench or in the stands during the game: sport coat and dress shoes or boots with appropriate socks
- B. Players Leaving the Arena - Players leaving the arena may wear either Business Casual attire or neat warm-ups issued by the team
- C. Special Events or Appearances - Teams can make exceptions to the policy for special events (e.g. a basketball clinic) where other appropriate attire is acceptable
3. Excluded Items (My favorite one!) - The following is a list of items that players are not allowed to wear at any time while on team or league business:
- sleeveless shirts
- t-shirts, jerseys or sports apparel (unless appropriate for event (such as basketball clinic))
- headgear of any kind while a player is sitting on the bench or in the stands at a game, DURING MEDIA INTERVIEWS, or during a team or league event or appearance
- Chains, pendants or medallions worn OVER player's clothes
- sunglasses while indoors
- headphones (other than on team bus or plane or in locker room)
Hope the letter "A" has a whole new meaning for you! Please feel free to comment and check back often for fun topics and facts.
You can also follow me on Twitter and Facebook (Alex Risen WYMT 57 Mountain News) or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org with ideas or comments!