"J"....Jumping for Joy...it's finally here!
Jockey Club Guidelines (Racing Silks):
- Front and back of silks must be identical...but seam design can be unique
- Colors can be registered in name of one person only...(no stable names or Mr. & Mrs. for example)
- Designs can only be those listed below in guideline number 7...
- Only color that cannot be used: navy blue (you truly do learn something new every day...can't find reason why this color is unacceptable)
- Maximum of 2 colors is allowed on jacket and the two sleeves (for a total of 4 colors if desired)
- Colors renewable on December 31st of the registered year
- An acceptable emblem or up to 3 initials on the ball, yoke, circle or braces design...one initial can be on the opposite shoulder of the sash design, the box frame or the diamond...
And if you'd like to see the actual application...click here! For all of those who need to register their racing silks for next year's Kentucky Derby!
Remember...you can follow me on Twitter or Facebook...or email me story ideas or just to say hello at firstname.lastname@example.org!
Hope that application makes you smile...I sure did!