It’s tulips and it’s daisies
Your favorite flowers lately
You think that I ain’t listening, but you know I do
With your two lips on me baby
My head starts getting dazey
Don’t give me a flower
What I want is you
It happened on the day you put your hand in mine
You went up to my head just like a glass of wine
Girl, you spark my attention like a firefly
And make me happy to be alive
You move into a room like
Summer breeze at noon time
Baby, out of nine, I’d give you ten
Your love is like an ocean
Surf and spray in motion
Baby, I’m a diver and I love to swim
These are just simple words of mine
And though most of what I feel is hard to rhyme
Ain’t it good to know your boy gave it a try?
O a try
It’d take a thousand colors just to paint your eyes
Like saving grace, they raise me up to paradise
This ain’t opinion, it’s consensus from my heart and mind
You make me happy to be alive
I think Jimmy Needham captures the joy and fun of true love. We should protect it with all that is within us. You can’t get much more serious than that.
I want to share two version of 1 Corinthians 13:4-7 and a portion of verse 8.
- New International Version
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.
Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
Love never fails.
- New Living Translation
Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous or boastful or proud or rude. It does not demand its own way. It is not irritable, and it keeps no record of being wronged.
It does not rejoice about injustice but rejoices whenever the truth wins out. Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance.
Love will last forever!
Thanks for makingWYMT-TVyour source for news and information. We appreciate your trust.
God Bless America!
Neil Middleton <><
WYMT Mountain News
Appreciate Freedom – Thank a Vet!
- On Friday afternoon, many of the roads in Scott County were covered in sleet and snow but on Saturday it was an entirely different story. Most roadways are cleared up but that may change once the storm rolls through Sunday morning.
- Federal health officials began quietly urging counselors around the country this week to stop using paper applications to enroll people in insurance under the health overhaul because of concerns those applications would not be processed in time.
- A late fall cold snap that has gripped much of the country and forced people to deal with frigid temperatures, power outages by the thousands and treacherous roads has Virginia and the Mid-Atlantic in its icy sights next.
- When Heather Hawkins was about 8 years old, she wrote a letter to her future self. The letter said when she grew up she wanted to work in a salon as a stylist, like her Aunt Nancy.