Well as I write the piece for this week I sit and wonder what it felt like when I was in school and there was nothing to do on a snow day…………oh, I know why I wondered what it was like because… I never had that problem/luxury!!!!!!!!! Ha Ha. On snow day’s I was shoveling snow for money in my neighborhood or working at Thomas Furniture! These days’ kids play video games or get on FaceBook! This week kids and young adults are going to be at home a few days. GET THEM OUT OF THE HOUSE! I am not advocating driving in poor road conditions……….but as we all know, more often than not the main roads and city streets are okay even with a decent snowfall! If you can take the brood to the Newport Aquarium or someplace that will educate and influence them in a positive manner you’ll be so proud!
As for this weekend there are elk viewing tours, eagle watching tours and other cold weather; but outdoor, activities happening at Ky. State Parks! Just hiking can help you get some exercise and introduce you to a different city or county in the commonwealth without spending a lot of money.
* Wonder if it’s still safe to make and eat snow cream?
* Did you know the wonderful Beaumont Inn in Harrodsburg now has a spa!
* Valentine’s packages are available at Ky. State Parks, fine hotels and our
great Bed and Breakfast Inns in Kentucky!
* Wonder if Bourbon flavored pancake syrup is really all that good!
* When is the last time you had Spoonbread?
* Having cabin fever? Visit www.mykentuckybackyard.com !
Click these links:
Send in some hot weather family vacation photos to warm us up! I might send you a prize for it!
“buckle up, slow down and get there in one piece”