“It’s the happiest time of the year” or so the holiday tune goes……….I THINK?
I believe it to be the best time on the calendar to live in Central Ky. Keeneland,
Fall leaves and the 150th commemoration of the Battle of Perryville. 41 other events are
planned for this coming weekend as well. Our colorfall reports are coming in
and we even saw some color change to and from
the UK-S. Carolina game over the weekend.
October is busy with so many festivals every weekend it’s tough to
promote one over the other………here is what makes a great fall festival for me:
1. Local-----honey, sorghum, produce, heritage etc……………….
The festival that celebrates something of its own is best.
2. Have some unique booth options, “the woman that draws your caricature face with
3. Town storytellers, WW2 veterans make the best!
4. Police/security presence (but not too much)
5. Parking close to the festival HQ. I don’t like driving an hour and a half only to find out
that planners have designated parking down the road and wagons are hauling people in.
That’s fun for the all day music festival, but not good for the local festival downtown.
Or at least have the option to ride the wagon if you have kids.
“buckle up, slow down and get there in one piece”