3 sentenced in deadly 2014 Knox Co. home invasion

By  | 

LONDON, Ky. (WKYT) - After four years, it was an emotional day for the family of Donald Mills who was shot and killed during a May 2014 Knox County home invasion. Three of the five suspects in Mills’ death were sentenced Wednesday.

"It's been a long four years, and we finally got this done,” said Mills’ sister Melinda Smith.

This morning Elijah Messer was sentenced to 50 years in prison, after a jury previously found him guilty of manslaughter, robbery and of being a persistent felony offender.

Christopher Wagner, who had pleaded guilty in the case, was sentenced to 10 years in prison for his role in the deadly robbery. In court today, the commonwealth stated Wagner had cooperated throughout the case, and had shown remorse for his actions.

Angela Mills, who pleaded guilty to conspiracy to commit robbery in 2016 was sentenced to two years of probation. She has already served time behind bars.

Donald Mills’ family say they are just glad the case has finally come to an end.

"I mean you got court date, court date. You have a mistrial last July, after we got the jury picked, but it was well worth it, you know, because they are all pretty much in jail,” Smith said.

Last year, a jury found Patrick Baker guilty in a slew of charges related to the 2014 robbery. He is currently serving 19 years in prison.



 
Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station. powered by Disqus