Dryer fire damages Lexington home

By  | 

LEXINGTON, Ky. (WKYT) - Two people are salvaging what they can after a Thursday afternoon fire.

The fire happened at a duplex on Chatsworth Drive in Lexington around 4 p.m.

Firefighters say when they arrived, they discovered fire in the attic area of the duplex. They say there is now water damage and smoke damage in both homes.

WKYT talked with one person who lives there. She says she was home at the time when her dryer caught fire.

"I was sitting in my bedroom and I heard a pop. I got up and went to my pantry." said resident Sharon Scraber. "I could tell that it was coming from the pantry and I saw smoke coming from my dryer. The next thing I knew, there was fire."

There were no injuries.



 
Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station. powered by Disqus