E-cigarette battery explodes sparking Garrard Co. house fire

By  | 

Crews responded to a house fire on Mockingbird Court just outside of Lancaster around 3:30 Wednesday morning.

The fire chief says the fire started in the kitchen area where a man left batteries for a vapor cigarette to charge overnight. The batteries exploded igniting the cabinetry.

The chief says crews got the fire under control quickly but are remaining on the scene to make sure the fire is completely out.

The man who lived at the home got out safely and no injuries were reported.



 
Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station. powered by Disqus