Man, dog escape Lexington house fire

By  | 

LEXINGTON, Ky. (WKYT) - A man and his dog made it safely out of his home, after it caught fire early Tuesday morning.

Just before 3:30 a.m., firefighters arrived on the scene of a house fire at Suburban Court, across from Central Baptist Hospital.

The homeowner said his heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) system was turned off for home renovations, and that he was heating his home with space heaters. When he woke up and realized the room was cold, he checked the fuse box. He then realized the vent above was glowing, and saw smoke coming from the attic.

He said the home is older, without grounded plugs, and suspects it could have been the cause of the fire.

A full assessment of damage to the home is still being conducted.

Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station. powered by Disqus