Short Code for Friday 10/17/14 - COMEDY
Free Friday’s OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING.
1. PROMOTION DATES a. The Free Friday’s (“Promotion”) will begin on
10/17/14 12 Noon EST and end on 10/20/14 8am EST. The deadline for entries is 10/20/14 8am EST.
2. ELIGIBILITY RESTRICTIONS a. The Promotion is open to all legal residents of the United States and the District of Columbia (except NY and FL) who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry and who live in the WKYT and WYMT viewing area(also known as Designated Market Area) determined by Neilson Ratings. Employees of WKYT & WYMT (the “Station”), its parent, subsidiary, and affiliated entities, its advertising agencies, participating sponsors/promotional partners, other broadcasting stations in the Lexington and Hazard, State(s), or viewing area], and the members of their immediate families (spouse,parents, siblings or children) or households (whether related or not) are ineligible to participate or win. This Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void outside the United States, in NY and FL, as applicable, and where prohibited. b. Only one winner per household is permitted in any Station-conducted contest/sweepstakes. Individuals may only win a Station-conducted contest/sweepstakes once every sixty (60) days. c. Winner will be required to show a valid driver’s license for prizes over $100. All other prizes will be mailed to the winners address. d. Entrants are required to provide truthful information and the Station will reject and delete any entry that it discovers to be false or fraudulent. The Station will disqualify any entry from individuals who do not meet the eligibility requirements, and will also delete any entry as required by law.
3. ENTRY a. To participate in the Promotion, you may enter via the following method(s): VIA TEXT – Entrants to a Text-to-Win promotion do not provide detailed personal information at the time of entry given the limitations of the text message format, but the winner(s) must provide all requested information at the time the winner(s) is selected and notified, including first name and last name, complete postal address (street, city, state, and zip code), email address, telephone number, date of birth and social security number (if necessary). Message and data rates may apply. The Station is not responsible for any fees incurred by an entrant for this method of entry. All entrants must follow the “call to action” entry instructions and submit any requested information. By submission of an entry in this contest, entrants hereby expressly consent to the receipt of a confirmatory bounce-back message related to this Promotion and notification via text if they are selected to be a winner. Text message and any mobile device entry entries will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the mobile account submitted at the time of entry. The authorized account holder is the natural person who is assigned to the text or mobile telephone number by a telecommunications provider, or other organization that is responsible for assigning such numbers. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same text or mobile telephone number. Use of any device to automate entry is prohibited. Proof of submission of an entry shall not be deemed proof of receipt by Station. The contest/sweepstakes administrator’s telephone system is the official time keeping device for the Promotion. For purpose of this Promotion, a “Day” shall begin at 12:00:00 p.m. EST and shall end at 5:59:59 p.m. EST. b. This Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook. By submission of an entry, an entrant releases Facebook from any responsibility or liability for the Promotion’s administration, prizes or promotion. You are providing entry information to WKYT - TV and not to Facebook. c. A participant may enter as many times as they wish via text. For internet entry, only one entry per person and one entry per email address are permitted For postal entry, only one entry may be submitted per outer mailing envelope or post card.
4. PRIZES b. a. The Free Friday’s (“Promotion”) Prizes 10/20/14 – One(1) winner will receive: Family four pack to see Comedy Mania Live at Rupp Arena on November 20th, 2014. Value: $35/ticket, $140 total.
b. There is no substitution, transfer, or cash equivalent for prizes, except that the Station may, at its sole discretion, substitute prizes of comparable value or cash. The prizes are expressly limited to the item(s) listed above and do not include taxes, gratuities or any other expenses. Other restrictions may apply.
5. WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION a. Decisions of Station management with respect to the Promotion are final. b. Winners are randomly selected on the Monday following the contest. c. Odds of winning are determined by the number of entries received. d. Winners will be contacted via text or called directly via the number used to enter the contest. Winner(s) (or their parents or legal guardians if under the age of majority) must execute and return any required affidavit of eligibility and/or liability/publicity release within ten (10) days of notification attempt or winner will be disqualified and the prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner(s) may be chosen by random method. If a potential winner(s) cannot be contacted, fails to complete, sign and return the required affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release within the required time period, or if a prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, the potential winner(s) will be disqualified and will forfeit the prize. e. Unless otherwise specified in the prize notification, all prizes or prize certificates may be picked up at the office of the Station at the address below. The winner(s) will forfeit any prize or prize certificate not claimed within thirty (30) days of winning. Prize or prize certificates will not be mailed to the winner(s) without the winner’s or winners’ prior written consent in which the winner(s) shall agree to assume its risk of loss. The Station, its sponsor(s), or promotional partner(s) are not responsible for the safe arrival of a prize or prize certificate
a. Payments of all federal, state and local taxes are solely the responsibility of the winner(s). Winner(s) will be required to complete and submit an IRS Form W-9 or the equivalent including a winner’s full Social Security Number for receipt of any prize valued at $600 or more or for any prizes awarded by the Station in a calendar year with an aggregate value of $600 or more. Failure to submit a complete W-9 or equivalent will result in disqualification and forfeiture of the prize.
b. Participating in the Promotion and acceptance of prize constitutes a winner’s and guest’s (where applicable) permission for the Station or its agents to photograph, film and record each winner, and to use his/her name, address (city and state), likeness, photograph, voice, biographical information and/or any statements made by him/her regarding the Promotion or its sponsors for purposes of trade, publicity or promotion without additional financial or other compensation, and, where legal, to sign a publicity release confirming such consent prior to acceptance of the prize. A guest or travel companion will be required (when applicable) to sign a separate release.
c. Prior to awarding any prize or prize certificate, and depending on the nature of the prize and eligibility requirements of the Promotion, the Station in its sole discretion will require verification of Promotion winner’s or winners’ identification by a showing of valid government-issued photo identification. By participating and/or accepting a prize, entrants, winner(s) and guests (if applicable) agree to release and hold harmless the Station, its sponsor(s) and promotional partner(s), its advertising and promotion agencies, and each of their respective parent, subsidiary and affiliated entities, and the officers, shareholders, directors, employees, agents, representatives, successors, and assigns of each of them (collectively, the “Released Parties”) harmless against any and all claims or liability arising directly or indirectly from the prize or participation in the Promotion. The Station will also require eligible Promotion winner(s) and their guests or travel companions, if any (as well as each of their parent(s) or legal guardian(s), if winner(s), guest(s) or travel companion(s) are under the age of majority in their state of residence), to sign a liability release confirming such consent. It is the responsibility of the winner(s) to ensure that their guest(s) or travel companion(s) sign and return to the Station any required release.
d. The Station, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person (and all of their entries) from this Promotion if he or she tampers with the entry process, the operation of the Promotion, or the operation of the Station’s web channel or is otherwise in violation of the rules. The Station further reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify, cancel, terminate or suspend the Promotion, or any part of it, if it is not capable of completion as planned or if any fraud, technical failures or any factor beyond the Station’s control, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention or technical failures of any sort, corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Promotion as determined by the Station in is sole discretion. Any attempt by an entrant or any person to deliberately damage any station web channel or to undermine the legitimate operation of this Promotion may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, the Station reserves the right to seek full prosecution and/or damages from any such individual to the fullest extent permitted by law. The Station’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of this provision. If due to circumstances beyond the control of the Station, any competition or prize-related event or travel is delayed, rescheduled, postponed or cancelled, the Station reserves the right, but not the obligation, to modify, terminate, suspend or cancel the Promotion and shall not be required to award a substitute prize. e. The Released Parties are not responsible for (i) typographical or other errors in the printing, the offering or the administration of the Promotion, or in the announcement of a prize; (ii) entries not received due to difficulty accessing the internet, service outage or delays, computer difficulties, malfunctions, disconnections, other technological failures, telephone service outages, delays, dropped calls, or busy signals, or any other difficulties that may prevent an individual from sending or receiving a text message; or (iii) lost, stolen, mangled, misdirected, postage due, illegible, incomplete, incorrect, or late entries. Further, the Released Parties are not responsible if any part of a Promotion prize that cannot be awarded due to acts of god, acts of war, natural disasters, weather, acts of terrorism or other factors beyond the Station’s control. f. To obtain a copy of the Official Rules or a list of winner(s) following completion of the Promotion (please specify which), send a self-addressed, stamped envelope (VT residents may omit return postage) specifying “Official Rules” or “Winner List” to Free Firday’s Winner List or Official Rules Request, WKYT, 2851 Winchester Rd, Lexington KY 40509. A copy of the Official Rules and a list of winner(s) (when complete) are also available during regular business hours at the main studio of WKYT, 2851 Winchester Rd, Lexington KY 40509. All such requests must be received within thirty (30) days following completion of the Promotion.