Enter keywords or phrases to search recipes.
Recent Recipes from WKYT
Mike Linden’s recipe for Israeli Shakshuka (SHACK-shoe-KAH)
- Mike Linden’s recipe for Israeli Shakshuka (SHACK-shoe-KAH)
- poached eggs in a roasted tomato sauce.
Barbara Bailey's sausage breakfast casserole (from Frances Ledford)
- This recipe is from one of my Harlan County cookbooks, given to me by my mother. It was submitted by Brenda Gergely, who’s a dear friend of Frances (Cawood) Ledford. The recipe was given to Frances by her mother, Mrs. L.L. Johnson.
Bill Bryant’s fruit yogurt parfait
- Along with all the heavy, rich (and delicious) holiday dishes, it’s nice to have something a little lighter. This always hits the spot.
Michele Chamberland's family recipe for holiday dumplings
- Granny Jean's holiday dumplings
Amber Philpott's twice baked sweet potatoes (two recipes)
- These recipes are really quick and prep ahead nicely. These two recipes have become instant hits in our family.
Kristen Kennedy's family recipe for "snowballs"
- Nothing is better than family recipes. I got this from my grandmother.
Sam Dick's Cold Day Chili
- Especially good on a cold day!
- Perfect for a small dinner party.
Italian Vegetable Soup
- Perfect for a lunch with friends.
- A refreshing treat.
- Grab some chips and make a little snack.
- A great snack for your next party.
- Serve on a bed of rice for a light lunch.
Crab & Cream Cheese Dip
- Serve at your next party.
Sandwich and chips from Coach Matthew Mitchell.
- Wonderful dish from the Matthew Mitchell Show.
Herb-Stuffed Cherry Tomatoes
- Prepare these bite-size gems up to 2 hours in advance, then cover and chill until serving time. For a colorful variation, use a combination of red, yellow, and orange cherry tomatoes.
Rosemary Red Fruit Compote
- This cherry, raspberry and cranberry compote makes a sophisticated topper for tangy Greek Yogurt in this low-fat dessert.
Stacy Ellison's Easy Sausage Breakfast Rolls
- Great with a drizzle of syrup and grits.
Barbara Bailey's Red Velvet Cake
- From 'The Cake Doctor Returns!' by Anne Byrn. Anne made this cake for us, and shared the recipe on 27 NEWSFIRST at Noon. Since then, it has become one of my favorite recipes during the holidays.
Barbara Bailey's Sausage Breakfast Casserole
- This recipe is from one of my favorite Harlan County cookbooks. For years, I have put this together on Christmas Eve. First thing on Christmas morning, I pop it in the oven. My family loves it.
Barbara Bailey's Christmas Cranberry Salad
- I have a prized collection of old Harlan County cookbooks with many wonderful recipes, including this one.It is one of my family's favorite recipes during the holidays. It's tangy and crunchy. I hope you enjoy it!
Todd Borek's Apple Kuchen
- Todd Borek's Apple Kuchen
Bill Bryant's Cranberry-Almond Coleslaw
- Although I try to eat right and workout every day, I'm just as tempted as everybody by all the goodies around this time of year. It's a challenge to be healthy. With my desk in the middle of the newsroom, a lot of the trays of cookies and candy get placed there for all to enjoy. So, I found this healthier and lower fat option for Cranberry-Almond Coleslaw. It's a great combination of flavors! Enjoy.
Elizabeth Dorsett's Kentucky Bourbon Cake
- Elizabeth Dorsett's Kentucky Bourbon Cake
More Recent Recipes from WKYT