MAKES: 36 stuffed tomatoes
CARB GRAMS PER SERVING: 1
• 3 dozen cherry tomatoes, 1 to 1-1/2 inches in diameter
• 2 tablespoons purchased pesto
• 1 clove garlic, minced
• 2 tablespoons snipped fresh parsley
• 2 tablespoons snipped fresh chives
• 1 8 ounce package cream cheese
• 4 ounces fresh goat cheese (chevre) or cream cheese
• Fresh parsley or fresh dill sprigs (optional)
• 1 tablespoon snipped fresh tarragon or dill
1. Using a sharp knife cut off the top 1/3 of each tomato on the stem end. Set aside the tops for garnish, if desired, or discard. Hollow out tomatoes; invert on paper towels and set aside.
2. Place pesto, garlic, the 2 tablespoons parsley, chives, and tarragon or dill in a food processor . Process for 15 seconds; add the cream cheese and chevre. Process another 30 to 45 seconds or until the filling is smooth.
3. Place the filling in a pastry bag fitted with a star tip and pipe into each cherry tomato. Garnish with fresh parsley or dill sprigs and/or reserved tomato tops. Make 36 stuffed tomatoes.
FROM: The Pain Treatment Center of the Bluegrass