Man arrested for kidnapping girl near a Lexington school, abusing her
Updated: 6:54 PM
- The Lexington Police Department arrested a man on Friday after they say he kidnapped a girl from a Lexington school and sexually abused her.
Fourth of July in the Bluegrass: Festivities and safety tips
- WKYT has created a list of all the Fourth of July celebrations going on in Lexington and surrounding counties. Find the event nearest you and have a safe weekend celebrating our nation's independence.
Paintsville's Kash Daniel to play at University of Kentucky
Updated: 4:08 PM
- Paintsville linebacker Kash Daniel announced on Saturday he'd be playing at UK.
Thousands attend downtown Lexington 4th of July celebration
Updated: 11:46 PM
- The Fourth of July in Lexington was a day filled with festivities, fun and food.
Boone County Sheriff's Office looking for missing teenager
Posted: 11:13 PM
- The Boone County Sheriff's Department is investigating a missing teenager from her foster parents home in the Burlington area.
Saul Good restaurant, Military Missions team up to send care packages to soldiers
Updated: 7:02 PM
- A Lexington restaurant is joining forces with an organization to help share care packages to deployed soldiers.
How to stay safe around fireworks this holiday weekend in Fayette Co.
Updated: 6:53 PM
- While the fourth of July is a holiday for many Americans to come together and relax with family and friends, the same can't be said for firefighters.
Humane Society says Kentucky shouldn't expand bear hunt
Posted: 4:27 PM
- The Humane Society of the United States is objecting to a proposal that would expand bear hunting in Kentucky because the group says the population is still too small.
Police: 14 People injured in deck collapse at North Carolina beach
Posted: 10:09 PM
- Authorities say a deck collapsed at a North Carolina beach house as a family was preparing to take a group photo, leaving at least 14 people injured with at least two of those in critical condition.
Ohio man killed in Rowan County ATV crash
Updated: 9:49 AM
- The Rowan County coroner told WKYT a man was killed on Friday after an ATV crash.
One injured, one arrested after Wolfe County shooting
Updated: 12:15 PM
- Kentucky State Police say one man was hospitalized after a shooting on Friday.
Northen Kentucky man who called 911 later charged in girlfriend's death
Posted: 4:25 PM
- A northern Kentucky man who called 911 saying his girlfriend repeatedly banged her own head on a window has been charged with murder in her death.
Thousands celebrate Independence Day at the Bluegrass 10,000
Updated: 7:02 PM
- Hundreds spent their holiday weekend running through Lexington for the Bluegrass 10,000.
State Police investigating Knox County stabbing
Updated: 6:11 AM
- A Knox County man is in critical condition after Kentucky State Police say he was stabbed on Friday night.
Mike Linden's Forecast | Storms wind down for Fourth
Posted: 5:22 AM
- After a week filled with heavy rain and thunderstorms we move into the holiday weekend with more wet weather.
Fireworks shoot into Colorado crowd; 9 suffer minor burns
Updated: 9:14 AM
- Officials say nine people suffered minor burns during an accident at a fireworks show in Colorado.
Some troops overseas are getting pizzas as a holiday treat
Updated: 9:15 AM
- Hot dogs and burgers may be on the menu for many Americans celebrating the Fourth of July but for some troops serving overseas, a different treat awaits -- pizza.
Firework show canceled after changes made to insurance requirement
- In March, after a recommendation from the city’s Risk Management staff, the Lexington Fire Marshall changed the permitting process for fireworks displays to now require a minimum of five million dollar insurance coverage up from the previous minimum of one million dollars.
More WKYT Top Stories