Kentucky Education Commissioner sends warning to Fayette County Public Schools
Updated: 9:23 AM
- The Kentucky Education Commissioner has warned that Fayette County Schools could face state actions if low-achieving schools don't improve.
One person killed after plane crashes in Perry County
Updated: 5:44 AM
- One person was killed after a plane crashed in the Lower Lost Creek community of Perry County on Thursday.
Friday's Forecast: Good news for your Memorial Day weekend plans
Updated: 5:23 AM
- Drier weather continues to show up with warmer conditions tagging along.
Family-owned since 1939, Cincinnati-based Frisch's sold
17 mins ago
- Frisch's Big Boy restaurants are being sold to a private equity fund, ending family ownership of the Cincinnati-based chain that dates to its first drive-thru in 1939.
Suspect in killings of wealthy DC family arrested
Updated: 5:48 AM
- Authorities have arrested an ex-convict who's accused in the killings of a wealthy Washington family and their housekeeper.
New charge for driver in deadly Jessamine County crash
Updated: 8:24 AM
- The Jessamine County Sheriff's Office says Jeffrey Tuggle, 51, faces an additional charge of manslaughter 2nd degree.
Eastern Kentucky park to become wildlife tourism attraction
Updated: 5:05 AM
- An empty Eastern Kentucky industrial park will be transformed into a wildlife center that officials hope will become a key tourism attraction.
Louisville inmate killed after Elliot County assault
Posted: 7:14 AM
- Kentucky State Police say an inmate was killed after an assault at Little Sandy Correctional Complex.
Ky. Senator's DUI trial begins in Frankfort on Friday
Posted: 6:32 AM
- A state Senator's DUI trial is scheduled to begin on Friday morning.
Nicholas County families catch man on camera vandalizing roadside memorial
- The families of three people killed in a 2014 car crash say they caught a man on camera removing crosses they put up to honor the three.
Memorial Day weekend travel: What to expect on the roads
Updated: 5:53 AM
- What is traditionally marked as the start of summer travel season is here. Travel experts expect the roadways to be quite busy Memorial Day weekend.
Memorial Day Freebies
Posted: 5:19 AM
- Memorial Day was created after the Civil War to honor veterans, and many companies are offering free rewards to current or former military personnel.
Kentucky raising pay for corrections officers
Posted: 7:32 AM
- Kentucky is increasing pay for corrections officers and hazardous duty staff in an attempt to curb high turnover rates.
Televangelist asks followers to buy him $65 million jet
23 mins ago
- Dollar's sermons pack his 8,500-seat mega-church, and like any house of worship, the church is non-profit and tax-exempt.
Fundraiser to be held for fallen Nicholasville police officer
Posted: 6:32 AM
- A fundraiser for fallen Nicholasville police officer Burke Rhoads will be held Friday at the Lexington Legends game.
UK non-conference schedule unveiled for 2015-16
Updated: 8:28 AM
- John Calipari announced a 13-game non-conference schedule on Thursday that features 10 games against teams who advanced to the postseason a season ago.
Franklin County Sheriff's Office looking for “The Sock Bandit”
- Last Friday, Detective Shane Weber with the Franklin County Sheriff’s office says a man, with a sock over his hand, robbed the Five Star Gas Station on Versailles Road.
General Motors spending $439M for upgrades to Corvette plant
Posted: 5:09 AM
- General Motors is spending $439 million to upgrade the Kentucky plant that makes the Chevrolet Corvette sports car.
More WKYT Top Stories