House budget plan seeks new roles for Ag Dept.
Posted: 11:54 PM
- Kentucky's Agriculture Department would be assigned new responsibilities under a budget plan pending in the House budget committee.
Bill aims to keep minors away from tanning beds
Posted: 11:31 PM
- The Kentucky House has passed a measure aimed at blocking minors from using tanning beds.
Sen. Joe Manchin seeks to block new painkiller
Updated: 11:57 PM
- U.S. Sen. Joe Manchin is calling on the government's top health official to overturn the approval of a powerful painkiller, arguing that the pill Zohydro could add to the national epidemic of prescription drug abuse.
House budget would let schools forgive 10 days
Posted: 11:17 PM
- Kentucky public school students would not have to make up as many as 10 canceled school days under a proposal in the House budget.
Police officer admits to shooting, killing neighbor's dog in Scott Co.
Updated: 6:18 PM
- A Lexington police officer admits to his neighbors, he shot and killed their family dog.
Wild weather changes ahead
Posted: 2:29 PM
- Spring temps will give way to another round of winter weather.
Lightning rod scam costs Whitley Co. homeowner thousands
Updated: 4:21 PM
- After an investigation in to a possible scam, there's now a warrant out for a Laurel County man.
String of car thefts continues in Lexington
Updated: 6:22 PM
- Thieves stole more than a dozen cars in a string of car thefts, around Lexington, in just the last few days alone.
Lancaster nurse pleads not guilty to stealing patient's medicine
Posted: 7:18 PM
- A woman charged with wanton endangerment and endangering the welfare of a minor went before a judge Monday morning.
Clark Co. woman charged with murder, faces another DUI charge
Updated: 5:16 PM
- A Clark County woman charged with wanton murder, for a deadly crash last year, has now been charged with a DUI for another crash.
Trio arrested in rash of Lincoln car break-ins
Updated: 6:19 PM
- Police say the three suspects could be tied to similar crimes in Danville and Boyle County.
WKYT Investigates: Lancaster man says dog stolen & flipped, part of a growing trend
Updated: 6:21 PM
- "There are people that, due to the economy, due to drugs, due to easy money, they steal animals," said advocate Debbie Wimsatt. She says this so-called "dog flipping" happens either when people get a free dog and then sell it, or steal a dog and sell it.
Basketball Cats need to sustain courage it will take to win SEC
Posted: 5:44 PM
- During their 15-0 run at Florida, the basketball Wildcats may have found the courage it will take to win the SEC Tournament.
Thousands raised for Lincoln County cancer patient
Posted: 5:27 PM
- Some Lincoln County Officials have raised thousands of dollars to help one of their own battling cancer.
Avoid becoming a victim of the latest online auction scam
Updated: 6:21 PM
- Ebay and Craigslist are just a few examples of auction sites offering a huge variety of items and services. The sites are also the perfect place to run a scam.
Georgetown police catch suspected copper thieves in the act
Posted: 1:08 PM
- Georgetown police arrested one man and are searching for another man after they say they caught them stealing copper Sunday night.
More WKYT Top Stories