Light snow chances for Monday
Posted: 5:03 PM
- It has mainly been a rain event across Central and Eastern Kentucky today. That will change once we crossover into the overnight hours.
"Bourbon Barrel of Compromise" heading to D.C.
Updated: 6:44 PM
- The Kentucky Distillers Association and the Henry Clay Center for Statesmanship will send a "Bourbon Barrel of Compromise" to Washington, D.C. in hopes of getting lawmakers to get along.
Ky. accepting online concealed-carry permit applications
Updated: 4:09 PM
- Gun owners in Kentucky can get permits to carry concealed weapons under a new online application process.
Cincinnati bound travelers prepare for delays
Posted: 12:57 PM
- Ohio transportation authorities plan to shut down all northbound Interstate 75 lanes during overnight bridge work this week in Cincinnati.
Family remembers Scott Co. murder victim, gets closer to closure
- Glenda Sue Jones was a retired bus driver brutally murdered in her home on Feb. 4, 2010.
Morehead crash victim identified as nursing home volunteer
Updated: 9:35 AM
- The crash happened Friday night on U.S. 60, near the campus of Morehead State University.
Chicago charity sending 5,000 pizzas to troops in Afghanistan
Posted: 10:43 AM
- Make it 5,000 pizzas to go please.
River recovers after coal ash spill as fines weighed
Posted: 12:49 PM
- A year after the sudden collapse of an old drainage pipe triggered the third largest coal ash spill in U.S. history, regulators say they are still working to determine how much to fine the nation's largest electricity company.
Pretrial meeting set on secret info in US Capitol plot case
Posted: 12:44 PM
- A federal judge will meet with prosecutors and defense attorneys on how to handle classified information in the case of an Ohio man accused of plotting to attack the U.S. Capitol and kill federal officials and workers.
Study examines impacts of Medicaid expansion
Updated: 9:55 AM
- Consultants are finishing a report that examines how Medicaid expansion through the Affordable Care Act has impacted Kentucky's health care system.
No. 1 UK rolls Tide, beats Alabama
- Number one ranked UK beats Alabama, 70-55.
Powell county man bitten by venomous South American snake
- What started as a routine Friday at the Kentucky Reptile Zoo quickly turned life-threatening for Director Jim Harrison.
Clark County library introduces 'seed library'
- A Central Kentucky library is hoping a new program will sprout some interest.
Officer injured when police try to serve warrant in Lexington
- Lexington Police are looking for a man they say injured one of their officers.
Online video shows Islamic State group beheading Japanese journalist
- An online video purports to show Islamic State group militants beheading Japanese journalist Kenji Goto.
Second Lexington escapee arrested in Bell County
- Officials with the Blackburn Correctional complex tell WKYT authorities have arrested a man who escaped in November.
Lexington police explain rights, responsibilities to community
- In light of recent violence across the nation involving police officers, Lexington police met with one community to help them understand their rights.
More WKYT Top Stories