Fundraiser started for Franklin Co. teen injured in shooting
- The 14-year-old injured in a shooting on Monday is recovering and his family is raising money to help with expenses.
Storms bring traffic woes and power outages to UK's campus
- A severe storm hit Lexington in the middle of afternoon rush hour, knocking out power. Even some UK students got stuck in an elevator during the storm.
Free courses aimed at helping workers, employers
Posted: 5:43 AM
- Kentucky's Labor Cabinet is planning to offer a series of free training courses later this month that it says will benefit workers and employers.
New mural brings some color to Lexington street
- City leaders and children from the "West End Community Empowerment Project," unveiled a new mural along with Georgetown Street in Lexington.
Madison Co. teen pleads guilty in baby sister's death
- A Madison County teenager now admits she killed her baby sister.
Mailman mugged in Lexington neighborhood
- A mailman was the target of a robber Wednesday afternoon, he was delivering a package on Winterberry Drive in Lexington before he was hit in the head.
Macy's to pay $650,000 for racial profiling
Updated: 8:40 AM
- Macy's must pay a $650,000 fine to settle complaints that its staffers wrongfully accused minority shoppers of stealing.
Former professor accused of misusing $400K of UK money
- He spent years teaching students at the University of Kentucky but now a long-time mining engineering professor has resigned after some serious fraud allegations.A former professor at the University of Kentucky is accused of misusing more than $400,000 in funding.
CEO: Kidnappers threatened Foley's life last week
- The chief executive officer of a Boston-based news organization says James Foley's kidnappers last week threatened to kill him in response to U.S. bombings in Iraq.
Reports of power outages, damage as storms roll through Lexington
- Storms rolled through central Kentucky on Wednesday afternoon. It didn't take long for damage reports to start pouring in.
State auditor announces release date for Fayette Co. school audit
- "It's important that people's reputations be restored if they're cleared. And it's important that people be held to account if there are findings that lead us to another conclusion," said State Auditor Adam Edelen said.
Investigators look for cause of Lincoln County house fire
Updated: 7:17 AM
- The Lincoln County Fire Department is looking into a fire of a remote home early Thursday morning.
Mother of alleged victim in Lexington sexual abuse case speaks out
- Last week Lexington Police arrested Lewis Street, an ice cream truck driver, because they say he sexually abused three girls, all under the age of 12.
Sex offender charged with trying to kill Russell Co. preacher
- Police say they finally caught their suspect, Jerry Brown, running naked in a soybean field after being on the run from them since Sunday night.
Two arrested in connection with deadly Martin Co. fire
- A second arrest has been made in connection with a triple murder case in eastern Kentucky.
Call of intoxicated woman prompts big pill find at London Walmart
- Police say they found almost five hundred pills after being called to a Walmart for an intoxicated woman.
More WKYT Top Stories