Flood Warnings issued in Buffalo area
22 mins ago
- BUFFALO, N.Y. (AP) - The National Weather Service has now issued flood warnings for areas in and around Buffalo, New York hit last week by several feet of snow. The warning covers parts of five counties...
Ferguson prepares for grand jury decision
Posted: 7:58 AM
- Crews erected barricades around the building where a grand jury has been considering whether to indict the Ferguson police officer who shot and killed Michael Brown, even as a grand jury decision seemed unlikely this weekend.
Lexington Police searching for driver involved in crash
- We're tracking a developing story out of Lexington.
Police are searching for a driver after they say he crashed into a pole and then took off.
Game time scheduled for UK at Louisville
- UK at Louisville football game will kick off at noon next Saturday.
More dogs reported stolen in southern, central Kentucky counties
- More people in central and southern Kentucky counties are coming forward and saying their dogs were stolen.
Fayette school board to deliberate this weekend on interim superintendent candidates
- Members of the Fayette County Board of Education say they will take the weekend to reflect on each of the interviews for acting superintendent, and think about the next step.
Former Lexington mayor passes away
- After spending weeks fighting for his life, a former Lexington mayor has died.
Traveling for Thanksgiving? AAA forecasts heavy traffic
Updated: 6:16 AM
- With turkey time less than a week away, Kentucky highways are about to get a bit more crowded.
Quest Community Church in Lexington lays off staff members
- A Lexington church has decided to lay off more than a dozen staff members in an attempt to reduce their debt.
Patio, home damaged in Lexington fire
- Lexington firefighters tell WKYT a patio was damaged in a fire at a home.
Bellarmine beginning $25M building project
- Bellarmine University is breaking ground on a $25 million building project inspired by Italian architecture.
Coyote spotted in Lexington neighborhood; dog killed
- A Lexington woman let her dog Max into the backyard. After hearing Max bark, she looked outside and could no longer see him, but did see a pair of glowing eyes looking back at her.
Ferguson announcement does not appear imminent
- The St. Louis region has been preparing for the grand jury announcement in the Ferguson case, but there is no evidence that the announcement is imminent.
UK improves to 4-0 with 89-65 win
- The top ranked Wildcats closed out the game on a 23-8 run to improve the overall record to 4-0.
Jefferson County schools try to improve support for gay students
- Jefferson County Public Schools has formed a districtwide committee in an effort to better accommodate students who are lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender.
Biden announces new aid for Syrian refugees
- U.S. Vice President Joe Biden announced on Saturday nearly $135 million in humanitarian aid to help feed civilians affected by Syria's war.
More WKYT Top Stories