US considers banning type of popular rifle ammunition
Updated: 12:12 PM
- The Obama administration wants to ban a type of ammunition used for one of the most popular rifles on the market.
Official: US report finds racial bias in Ferguson police
Updated: 3:24 PM
- US law enforcement officials: Probe finds racial bias in Ferguson, Mo., police, court, jail.
Two seriously injured in Laurel County shooting
Updated: 6:15 PM
- A man and woman were seriously injured Monday night after a shooting at a home in East Bernstadt.
Kentucky legislators approve funding for University of Kentucky research facility
Updated: 4:54 PM
- The Kentucky Senate Tuesday overwhelmingly endorsed funding for a multi-disciplinary research facility at the University of Kentucky that will specifically focus on health disparities confronting the Commonwealth.
Israeli leader thanks US, Obama for aid, warns about Iran
Posted: 3:21 PM
- Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu is thanking the United States and President Barack Obama for aiding Israel, and warning of the threat that Iran poses to Israel's survival.
Clinton spokesman: Nothing improper about use of non-government email account
Updated: 2:57 PM
- A spokesman for Hillary Rodham Clinton says there was nothing illegal or improper about her use of a personal email account during her time as Secretary of State, rather than a government-issued email address.
Former Harrison Co. teacher pleads not guilty to sex abuse
Updated: 1:20 PM
- William Hyatt entered a not guilty plea to sexual abuse and sodomy charges in Harrison County on Tuesday morning. He was indicted on the same charges by a Fayette County grand jury.
Lexington SANE director: Sexual assaults still under-reported, especially male assaults
Updated: 8:20 AM
- Capillo’s program is run out of a room inside the University of Kentucky Hospital's emergency department. It is the only Kentucky SANE program that is law enforcement based. Her salary comes out of the Lexington Police Department’s budget, and her staff and supplies come from a law enforcement grant.
Nicholasville man arrested in Georgia for Lexington bank robberies
Updated: 6:26 AM
- A Nicholasville man was arrested in connection to two Lexington bank robberies.
Hardware stores prep for more winter weather
Updated: 1:22 PM
- Hardware stores prepare for more shoppers to need winter weather supplies.
IHOP to give away free short stack for #NationalPancakeDay
Updated: 8:57 AM
- Tuesday is the 10th anniversary of National Pancake Day and to celebrate, IHOP restaurants across Kentucky are giving away free short stacks of buttermilk pancakes.
Ohio man charged after police say he faked his kidnapping
Updated: 1:33 PM
- A southwest Ohio man has been charged with making false alarms after police say he faked his own kidnapping.
Five charged with selling thousands of counterfeit DVDs, CDs at Georgetown flea market
- Five people have been charged with selling tens of thousands of dollars worth of counterfeit DVDs and CDs at the Georgetown Flea Market.
Kentucky legislature votes to ease out landline phones
- Kentucky could join at least two dozen other states in deregulating its landline telephone services.
Ky. mom convicted of killing son, 5, by poisoning him with salt
- A woman who blogged for years about her son's constant health woes has been convicted in New York of poisoning him to death with salt.
New Oreo flavor in the works?
Posted: 6:24 AM
- Cookie-maker Nabisco is planning on launching a cotton-candy Oreo.
More WKYT Top Stories