Man injured while hiking at Red River Gorge
- A man is injured after falling on a trail while hiking.
Benefit for teen who lost both parents in two weeks
- He's been faced with losing both his parents within two weeks.
Now, friends of an Estill County teen are working to help him out.
Funeral set for hunter killed in Clay Co.
- This holiday weekend, many are spending time with their family and friends. While folks in Southeastern Kentucky will begin saying goodbye to one of theirs.
Shots fired near Lexington Waffle House
- Lexington Police are looking for suspects after shots are fired at a restaurant.
Firefighters urge grill caution
- Grill space was hard to come by at Jacobson Park this afternoon. While they're great for bringing the family together on this holiday, firefighters say you need to be careful.
Study: Fuels from corn waste not better than gas
- A study paid for by the federal government says biofuels made from the leftovers of harvested corn plants are worse than gasoline for global warming in the short term.
Eastern Ky. University to be tobacco-free campus
- Eastern Kentucky University's Board of Regents has approved a tobacco-free campus policy.
Fracking foes cringe as unions back drilling boom
- After early complaints that out-of-state firms got the most jobs, some local construction workers and union members in Pennsylvania, Ohio and West Virginia say they're now benefiting in a big way from the Marcellus and Utica Shale fracking boom.
'Capt. America' tops box office for third week
- Captain America continues to vanquish box office foes, triumphing in ticket sales for the third consecutive week and beating formidable contender Johnny Depp.
Divers find bodies in sunken ferry; transcript reveals confusion over ferry evacuation
- Divers finally have found a way into the ferry that sunk off South Korea's southern shore and begun the grim task of recovering bodies.
Nearly 400 cameras on campus help UK police fight crime
- With a network of nearly 400 cameras around UK's campus, police say they're able to track crimes and possibly even provide virtual escorts.
UK fan fulfills promise, gets Willie Cauley-Stein tattoo
- Earlier this week, we told you about Michael Gray -- a UK fan who promised Willie Cauley-Stein that if he returned to Kentucky next season, he'd get a special tattoo.
Lexington runners ready for second run in Boston Marathon
- They're not letting terror slow them down. Monday, runners will gather for the annual Boston Marathon.
Stray bullet goes into Lexington home
- Lexington Police are looking for the people involved in a shooting that caused a bullet to go through a window and into a home.
Midway waiving fees for Mid-Continent transfers
- Midway College is waiving admission application fees and offering other resources for students who want to transfer from Mid-Continent University.
Taxes, minimum wage top issues in November
- Kentucky's 2014 elections will be more than just Democrats vs. Republicans: It will be the minimum wage vs. taxes.
More WKYT Top Stories