Chris Bailey's Forecast | Scattered storms join the steam
Posted: 2:10 PM
- Our toasty temps continue as scattered showers and thunderstorms start to develop.
License reveals embattled Rowan Co. clerk married four times
- While Rowan County Clerk Kim Davis and her stand against issuing marriage licenses to same-sex couples gained national attention, her own 2009 marriage license obtained by WKYT reveals it was her fourth marriage.
US attorney general condemns police deaths
Updated: 1:54 PM
- U.S. Attorney General Loretta Lynch has condemned the recent fatal shooting of police officers in Illinois and Texas, telling a housing conference in Washington that violence against "all of us, regardless of what uniform any of us wear" must end.
House Judiciary panel sets first Planned Parenthood hearing
Posted: 1:52 PM
- The House Judiciary Committee has scheduled Congress' first hearing on the Planned Parenthood videos for next week.
Iran nuclear deal now assured of survival
Updated: 1:52 PM
- Supporters of the Iran nuclear deal now have enough votes in the Senate to make sure the deal survives a challenge from Republicans.
Manhunt continues for suspects in shooting of Illinois officer
Updated: 1:54 PM
- Authorities say an intensive house-by-house "grid search" for three suspects wanted in the fatal shooting of a northern Illinois police officer has ended, but that the hunt continues.
State finalizing details of new DUI law
Posted: 1:41 PM
- Kentucky transportation officials say the state is getting close to finalizing details of a new law that will require some drunken drivers to get ignition interlock devices on their vehicles.
Man pleads guilty to killing landlord over $58 electric bill
Updated: 1:42 PM
- Authorities say a Louisville man has pleaded guilty to fatally shooting his landlord last summer in a dispute over a $58 electric bill.
Police: Winchester man impersonated police officer to get stolen wallet from prostitute
Updated: 1:27 PM
- A Winchester man is in jail accused of impersonating a police officer to get his stolen wallet back from a prostitute.
Three injured, one airlifted after crash involving Habitat for Humanity truck
Posted: 11:55 AM
- Three people were injured after a two-vehicle crash involving a Habitat for Humanity truck in Scott County Tuesday morning.
Recall on frozen corn sold in Kentucky
Updated: 4:05 AM
- Bonduelle USA is recalling more than 9,000 cases of frozen corn after fearing it could be contaminated with listeria.
Committee discusses changes to school's dress code policy
- For nearly two hours Tuesday night, Woodford County High School’s ad hoc dress code committee met to discuss the next steps in changing the current dress code.
WKYT, Kentucky Blood Center team up for Big Blue Blood Drive
WKYT and Kentucky Blood Center are teaming up for the WKYT Big Blue Blood Drive from noon until 7 p.m. on today, September 2.
Couples ask judge to hold Rowan Co. clerk in contempt after she denies licenses
Updated: 7:58 AM
- Rowan County Clerk Kim Davis has defied court orders by refusing to issue marriage licenses, and now steps have been taken to hold her in contempt of court.
1st Freddie Gray hearing since 6 officers charged in death
Posted: 6:55 AM
- The first court hearing is set to begin since six Baltimore police officers were criminally charged in the death of Freddie Gray, a black man who died a week after suffering a critical spinal injury in custody.
Four arrested in suspected organized crime ring in Madison County
- Kentucky State Police are investigating three Richmond gas stations after reports they were selling illegally obtained products.
Hungary railway station remains closed to migrants
Posted: 6:42 AM
- Some 3,000 migrants are stuck at the main international railway in Budapest.
Davis says issuing marriage licenses was 'Heaven or hell' decision
- After the U.S. Supreme Court declined to extend the temporary stay of a federal court order involving Rowan County Clerk Kim Davis, she has released the following statement:
More WKYT Top Stories