Trick-or-Treat times set for cities across Kentucky
- We called around to many cities of central and eastern Kentucky to get trick-or-treat dates and times.
WKYT teams up with St. Elizabeth for breast cancer screenings
Posted: 11:39 AM
- October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. WKYT is teaming up with St. Elizabeth Healthcare to provide breast cancer screenings.
Winchester Police searching for scam suspect
Posted: 2:35 PM
- Winchester Police say their searching for a suspect involved in a check scam.
Morgan Co. man plans to raffle off home
10 mins ago
- Todd Lambert says it's time to move his family to Florida, but first he needs to sell his house. He's doing it through a raffle.
Staples investigating possible data breach
Updated: 10:08 AM
- Staples says that it is looking into a potential credit card data breach and that it has been in touch with law enforcement officials about the issue.
Multiple efforts to ban tobacco farm child labor
Posted: 2:02 PM
- Public health advocates and lawmakers are working anew to bar children from working on tobacco farms.
Homeland Security orders new screening for Ebola
Posted: 1:45 PM
- The Homeland Security Department is requiring that anyone coming to the United States from one of three West African countries reporting an Ebola outbreak must enter the country through one of five airports screening passengers for the deadly disease.
US: 1 American released from North Korea
Updated: 1:53 PM
- The State Department says Jeffrey Fowle, one of three Americans being held in North Korea, has been released.
Road closed after truck full of mac & cheese overturns in Lewis Co.
Posted: 12:23 PM
- Part of a road is closed in Lewis County after a tractor trailer hauling 44,000 pounds of boxed macaroni and cheese overturned.
Pistorius sentenced to five years in girlfriend's death
Updated: 6:10 AM
- The judge said she attempted to strike a balance in determining her sentence, which she must "neither be too severe nor too light."
Frankfort police search for overnight burglars
Posted: 6:08 AM
- Franklin County Sheriffs say they're looking for two men they say broke into a convenience store early Tuesday morning.
Opening date set for downtown Lexington ice rink
Posted: 11:51 AM
- It's a sign the holidays are getting close.
Burglars target new downtown Lexington business
Posted: 11:05 AM
- Burglars targeted a new downtown Lexington business early Tuesday morning.
Daughter sentenced for stealing benefits of man found dead in Lexington
Posted: 11:00 AM
- A Texan has been sentenced to 10 years in prison for stealing Social Security benefits meant for her father whose body was found in a storage unit in Kentucky.
Kentucky bourbon makes its mark on state's economy
Updated: 1:18 PM
- Kentucky's booming bourbon industry continues to surpass expectations.
WKYT Investigates: Small town addiction, Cynthiana hospital sees drastic increase in heroin overdoses
- "They don't realize how close they were to being dead," explained Christina Buckler. Recently Harrison Memorial Hospital, which sits in the small town of Cynthiana, has seen a dramatic increase in the number of patients being brought in by ambulance, or dropped off at the back door suffering from a heroin overdose.
More WKYT Top Stories