Fundraiser held for Daniel Ellis and John Mackey
Updated: 11:19 PM
- As the families of Richmond Police Officer, Daniel Ellis, and Jessamine County Paramedic, John Mackey, continue to deal with the tragic deaths of their loved ones, people in the bluegrass are letting them know they are not alone.
Funeral for teenager found dead in car
Updated: 9:11 PM
- A Lexington teenager who was murdered one week ago, will be laid to rest Monday.
State Police investigating rollover crash in Powell County
Posted: 12:01 AM
- Kentucky State Police are investigating a crash that injured several people in Powell County.
Chief Meteorologist Chris Bailey's 2015-16 winter forecast
- The cold has finally hit and WKYT’s Chief Meteorologist Chris Bailey said to expect the unexpected when it comes to preparing for this year’s winter weather.
Obama visits site of Paris concert attack
Posted: 11:49 PM
- President Barack Obama has paid a late-night tribute to those killed in the terrorist attacks in Paris two weeks ago, shortly after his arrival for climate talks in the French capital.
Police: Bus overturns, 1 serious injury, 34 minor injuries
Posted: 11:16 PM
- Virginia State Police say a chartered bus carrying 51 people, mostly college students, has overturned near Richmond and one person has been seriously injured and 34 others suffered minor injuries.
University of Chicago cancels Monday classes after threat
Updated: 11:43 PM
- The University of Chicago is cancelling all classes and activities on its main campus Monday following an online threat of gun violence.
Fire destroys Taco Bell in Pike County
Posted: 11:14 PM
- Firefighters in Pike County are investigating a fire at a fast food restaurant.
Firefighters investigating deadly fire in western Kentucky
Posted: 9:14 PM
- Firefighters in western Kentucky are trying to figure out what caused a deadly fire.
Lexington laundromat broken into overnight
Posted: 8:57 AM
- Lexington Police are searching for the person responsible for breaking into a laundromat early Sunday morning.
Police arrest Pike County inmate who escaped from custody
Updated: 11:08 PM
- Police in eastern Kentucky are looking for a man, they say, escaped from their custody.
Police: shots fired near Lexington restaurant
Updated: 8:28 AM
- Police are investigating after someone fired shots near a Lexington restaurant.
Man found dead was to be witness in court-martial case
Posted: 1:52 PM
- A man found dead in his home as police investigated remains found in a burnt vehicle was scheduled to testify in an upcoming court-martial at Fort Campbell.
Police officer shot, killed during call; suspect arrested
Updated: 10:48 AM
- A 31-year-old man was arrested early this morning in connection with the shooting death of a veteran Pennsylvania police officer.
Friends remember 'compassionate' Powell Co. man dedicated to helping others
- Tim Addison, 24, died in a crash Friday afternoon. He was a 911 dispatcher, volunteer firefighter and, most recently, assistant EMA director.
New app developed to help homeless people
Posted: 1:49 PM
- A new app developed at Northern Kentucky University aims to help homeless people in the Cincinnati area.
Main span coming soon for new Land Between the Lakes bridge
Posted: 11:07 AM
- Kentucky transportation officials say engineers are planning to place the main arch for a new bridge at Land Between the Lakes this week if weather conditions are right.
Police: 3 killed, 9 wounded in attack at Planned Parenthood in Colorado
- A gunman who opened fire inside a Colorado Springs Planned Parenthood clinic was arrested Friday after engaging in gun battles with authorities during an hours-long standoff that killed three people and wounded nine others, officials said.
More WKYT Top Stories