Bring on the warmer temperatures!
Posted: 5:03 AM
- Spring continues to poke its face in here teasing us with the nicer temperatures. However, winter is not over yet, so just hold tight.
Kentucky State Police seeking trooper applicants
Posted: 5:31 AM
- People interested in becoming Kentucky State Police troopers have an opportunity to apply for the 92nd cadet class with testing dates coming up in the next few weeks.
UK Women lose to Tennessee in SEC Championship Game
- Simmons, Lady Vols top Kentucky 71-70 in final
Lexington woman killed in Louisville accident
- A crash in Louisville has killed a Lexington woman.
Powerful earthquake strikes off California coast
- Officials say a powerful magnitude 6.9 earthquake struck Sunday night off the coast of Northern California, but there were no early signs of a tsunami.
Police seek security balance for Boston Marathon
- The ladies of Wellesley College will still be allowed to plant kisses on passing runners and crowds will still flock to the finish line at the 118th Boston Marathon.
Survey: US average gas price up 10 cents a gallon
- The average U.S. price of a gallon of gasoline has jumped 10 cents over the past two weeks.
Marvel expands Infinite with 'Ultimate Spider-Man'
- Two years after launching its Infinite line of digital comics, Marvel Entertainment said it intends to expand the line's offerings with its first all-ages titles as it moves to attract younger readers familiar with characters like Spider-Man from animated television shows.
Lack of passport checks expose air security flaw
Updated: 4:36 AM
- When you travel, airport security agents may pat you down, inspect your deodorant and scan your body from head to toe. But there's a good chance that no one's checking whether you're using someone's lost or stolen passport.
Man convicted of slaying 7 awarded nearly $500K
Updated: 4:35 AM
- A former handyman serving life in prison for the 1993 murder of seven people at a suburban Chicago restaurant has been awarded nearly a half-million dollars in a civil lawsuit in which he alleged a jail guard punched him in the face.
Public transit systems with big ridership gains
- Americans are boarding public buses, trains and subways in greater numbers than any time since the suburbs began booming, according to new ridership numbers.
EKU fans celebrate OVC championship, NCAA Tournament bid
- The EKU Colonels, just a day after winning their conference championship, are greeted by dozens of their fans to celebrate the big win and a return to the NCAA Tournament
Police: Nurse stole medication from nursing home patients
- A Garrard County nurse is accused of using her job to steal medication from nursing home patients.
Vehicle thefts leave one injured in Lexington
- Police were investigating at least two vehicle thefts in Lexington on Sunday. They say one of the owners tried to stop the thieves, but was clipped by the car, slightly injuring him.
Seven killed in Knox County fire remembered, one year later
- Family members gathered at the site of the fire Sunday to release balloons.
Footage examined in effort to identify 2 who boarded missing plane with stolen passports
- Malaysia's transport minister says authorities are looking at footage of the two passengers who boarded a missing Malaysian Airlines jetliner with stolen passports, as they try to determine who they are.
Man facing life-threatening injuries after argument in Lexington
- Lexington Police tell us one man is facing life-threatening injuries after he was hit in the head with a hard object during an argument.
More WKYT Top Stories