Lexington man admits killing ex-boyfriend, says it was self-defense
Updated: 6:21 PM
Matthew Donaghy, who appeared before Fayette Circuit Judge Pamela Goodwine for a probable cause hearing, said during testimony that he got into an argument with his boyfriend Todd Schumacher because Donaghy wanted to leave him. Donaghy also said he recently discovered he had HIV and he contracted it from someone with whom Schumacher had slept with.
Refund request being accepted for those unable to attend Luke Bryan concert because of traffic
Updated: 11:00 AM
- Refund requests will be accepted until 6 p.m. Friday for ticket holders who missed last Tuesday's Luke Bryan concert.
Keeneland releases track review following four fatal injuries
Posted: 6:35 PM
- With less than three weeks until the Breeders' Cup, Keeneland leaders aren't taking any chances. They released the findings of a track review following three fatal injuries to horses on the main track, one on the turf track.
Wilmore woman protests request to remove water tower cross
Updated: 6:24 PM
- A Wilmore woman has decided to fight a request to remove a cross from a city water tower with an avalanche of crosses.
Religious leaders ask Beshear to call special session for same-sex marriage licenses
Updated: 6:22 PM
- A deacon and five ministers from four counties gave the governor's office a petition they said had 1,700 names on it asking the governor to call a special session of the state legislature so lawmakers could pass a law exempting Davis and others from issuing marriage licenses. The governor's chief of staff told the pastors Beshear would not call a special session because it would cost too much money for an issue that only affects a few county officials.
Urban County Council discusses results of study on fire stations
Updated: 6:22 PM
- Lexington city leaders paid a public safety consulting group to see what can be done to make the city's fire stations more efficient. On Tuesday, the Urban County Council discussed the results.
Kentucky's first solar power facility coming to Mercer County
Updated: 6:23 PM
- While electricity produced from coal and water isn't going anywhere (just yet), Kentucky Utilities and Louisville Gas and Electric are looking toward the future. The first solar power facility in Kentucky is coming to Mercer County this spring.
As Democrats debate, Biden to watch from home in Washington
Posted: 3:59 PM
- Vice President Joe Biden won't be on stage for the first Democratic presidential debate, but he'll be watching from his official residence in Washington.
Kentucky development fund offers grants for economic impact
Posted: 6:30 PM
- The Kentucky Appalachian Regional Development Fund is now available to give local organizations opportunities to create regional economic impact.
Russian official: Dutch MH-17 report is 'biased'
Posted: 3:53 PM
- A top Russian official says the Dutch Safety Board report into the downing of Malaysia Airlines Flight 17 is flawed.
Jim Caldwell's Forecast | Part of the big chill is here
Posted: 3:09 PM
- The first chill of the week has arrived. You probably noticed it a little as the day passed. Notice that I said the "first" chill? Another one is coming!
Church gives pizza driver $1,000 tip from collection plate
Updated: 3:39 PM
- An Ohio church congregation ordered a pizza from Domino's during a service, then tipped the driver more than $1,000 that had been collected for the offering.
Couple killed in Bath County tree trimming accident
- Kentucky State Police say 66-year-old Ralph C. Davis and 56-year-old Dorothy J. Davis of Wellington were trying to trim the tree when a limb fell on them, fatally injuring both.
WATCH | No one knows who Chris Pratt is
Updated: 2:50 PM
- Chris Pratt is a big movie star these days, but when he runs around New York on "Billy on the Street," no one seems to know who he is.
Harlan County native wins battle on NBC's 'The Voice'
- “Every emotion that I felt on stage, came flooding back tonight," said Jordan Smith
Kentucky woman charged with attempted murder during traffic stop
Posted: 8:08 AM
- A woman was arrested after authorities say she dragged an officer whose arm was stuck in her car window.
Wilmore asked to remove cross from top of city water tower
Updated: 11:21 AM
- Wilmore city leaders are being asked to remove a Christian cross from the city's water tower.
Woman killed, man arrested after Clay County shooting
Updated: 11:20 AM
- State Police have charged a Clay County man with murder after the shooting death of his niece.
Evidence at Danville crime scene leads to burglary arrest in Harrodsburg
Posted: 8:18 AM
- Police made a quick arrest after an early morning burglary at a Boyle County business.
More WKYT Top Stories