Vigil set to remember Lexington teen killed by police
28 mins ago
- This weekend a gathering at the corner of Race and Fifth Street will have two purposes: One of them is to remember the life of a teenager who died after a shooting involving a Lexington police officer.
Several investigations into accident that hurt Taylor Co. firefighters
14 mins ago
- Campbellsville fire officials say "a number of investigations" are taking place in the wake of an 'Ice Bucket Challenge' accident that left several firefighters injured.
Lexington law firm floods
Updated: 9:04 AM
- Some cleanup is needed Friday morning at a Lexington law firm.
Lexington puppy found chemically burned, branded with profanity
- We're tracking the investigation into a disturbing case of animal cruelty in Lexington. Animal control officials say someone chemically burned profanity onto a dog's skin.
Power outage as hundreds move onto UK Campus
33 mins ago
- As hundreds of Freshman spent time moving onto the UK Campus, they had to deal with a power outage.
Police searching for man who fired shots in Lexington store robbery
Updated: 7:43 AM
- Lexington Police say a man fired shots during a grocery store robbery Thursday night.
Kentucky ALS Assoc. president reacts to accident in Campbellsville
- The Kentucky chapter president of the ALS Association says he's devastated by what happened in Campbellsville, but he hopes it won't slow down the organization's important mission.
Attorney: Utah eatery had other chemical burn
- The attorney for a woman who nearly died after unknowingly drinking toxic iced tea at a Utah restaurant says an employee at the eatery burned herself a month earlier on the same chemical cleaning compound.
GPS devices find huge water loss in western US
- A new study finds that 63 trillion gallons of water have been lost to drought in the western United States, enough to blanket the region with 4 inches of water.
Five winning lottery tickets sold to one player in Lexington
- What may have been an unusual lottery strategy paid off for one lucky player.
Coroner: 3 dead before blaze began in Martin County
- Officials say two women and a young girl found in the ruins of an eastern Kentucky house fire were killed before the blaze was set.
WKYT Investigates: Lexington's century-old water pipes
- The American Society of Civil Engineers looked at America's drinking and waste water infrastructure last year and gave it a "D" grade. Susan Lancho said, "As a nation, we need to be thinking about renewing our infrastructure so it serves us well into the future."
Police discuss child porn case against Lexington twins
- Jack and Jerry Cassidy are charged with possessing or viewing matter portraying a sexual performance by a minor.
Death sentence of 6-time killer upheld in Kentucky
- The Kentucky Supreme Court has upheld a death sentence for a six-time convicted killer in a 1991 shooting.
Madison Co. teen pleads guilty in baby sister's death
- A Madison County teenager now admits she killed her baby sister.
Ferguson Fallout: A call for police 'body cams'
Posted: 8:11 AM
- The fatal police shooting of the unarmed black 18-year-old in Ferguson, Missouri, is prompting calls for more officers to wear so-called body cameras, simple, lapel-mounted gadgets that capture video footage of law enforcement's interactions with the public.
More WKYT Top Stories