Ky. truck driver charged with 6 counts of vehicular homicide in Tn. crash
- The truck driver who authorities say caused a highway accident outside of Chattanooga in June, killing six, has been charged with six counts of vehicular homicide.
Major gas leak caused 20 homes to be evacuated
- The major gas leak at Oak Hill and Locust Avenue has been repaired and the scene is all clear.
WATCH: Federal lawsuit filed after third grader with disabilities is put in handcuffs
- A deputy sheriff shackled two elementary school children who have disabilities, causing them pain and trauma, according to a federal lawsuit filed today by the American Civil Liberties Union, the Children's Law Center, and Dinsmore & Shohl.
Lexington hotel robbed at gunpoint
- Police say the Sleep Inn on Plaudit Place was robbed around 10:15 Tuesday night.
Artist paints flag mural on Veterans of Foreign Wars post in Lexington
- An artist has given a veterans of foreign wars post in Lexington a patriotic new look.
Storms roll through Southern Kentucky, leaving behind minor damage
- Storms caused damage in parts of Kentucky Tuesday night.
Two trains derail in central India, casualties unknown
- Officials say two passenger trains have derailed in central India as monsoon rains flooded a track.
Lincoln County Attorney proposes change to dog ordinance after attack
- As it currently stands, the Lincoln County dog ordinance essentially requires all citizens to keep their pets under control, but County Attorney Daryl Day says he is working on drafting some changes he hopes can be made to the current law.
CTE College of Cosmetology offering free back-to-school haircuts for students
- The CTE College of Cosmetology in Winchester is offering free haircuts for kids as they prepare to go back to school.
Netflix to give workers with babies a year of paid leave
- Netflix is letting new parents on its payroll to take up to a year's paid leave in a move that could pressure other technology employers to improve their baby benefits as they vie for talent.
Flooding damages roads in Montgomery and Bath counties.
- Stepstone Road in Montgomery and Bath counties received heavy damage in Monday's flooding.
Anheuser-Busch sheds Kentucky distributorships
- The world's largest brewer has shed its two distributorships in Kentucky after the state legislature passed a law banning them from owning one.
Details emerge in hearing about 2011 death linked to vinegar
- We're learning more about the investigation into a Lexington mother accused of killing her son after giving him too much vinegar, a case her defense attorneys call the first of its kind in the country.
Dangerous giant hogweed plant found in Michigan
- Health officials in Calhoun County, Michigan, are advising caution after the dangerous giant hogweed plant was spotted in the county.
Chris Bailey's Forecast | Rounds of storms continue
- Heavy rain producing showers and storms may cause problems over the next few days.
Police are investigating a fatal collision in Johnson Co.
- Kentucky State Police and the Pikeville Post are investigating a fatal accident that occurred just before noon Tuesday, taking the life of one individual and hospitalizing another.
Matthew Mitchell, Sundy Best to perform before first UK football game
- On Sept. 5 at 7 p.m., Kentucky football will play the grand opening game in The New CWS against UL Lafayette. Leading up to kickoff, UK Athletics will host a series of events to commemorate the big day, punctuated by a free pregame concert featuring Sundy Best.
Pulaski coaches optimistic new fields will be ready for football season
- Both Pulaski County and Southwestern High Schools have had a rollercoaster ride of an off season as far as their football fields are concerned.
More WKYT Top Stories