WKYT Investigates: The revolving door for criminals
- "A very small percentage of the criminals commit the vast majority of crime," said Ray Larson, Fayette County's top prosecutor. Larson said those criminals are the winners of a "catch and release" stance, or soft approach, on crime.
Man steals medicine in robbery at Lexington Meijer pharmacy
- The robbery happened around 9 p.m. Thursday inside the Meijer in Hamburg.
Funeral held for Corbin airman killed in accident
- Family and friends say a final farewell to an Air Force Staff Sergeant. Dirk Shelton, 29, died earlier this month after an accident in Washington, D.C.
Shots fired near Douglass Park in Lexington
- Lexington Police are trying to track down the person who fired some shots along a busy street in Lexington.
Police: Man reports murder call to get out of a ticket
Updated: 8:01 AM
- Police in a central Florida town say a man called 911 to report a murder to try and get out of a speeding ticket.Police in a central Florida town say a man called 911 to report a murder to try and get out of a speeding ticket.
Arrest warrant issued for Tuberculosis patient
Posted: 6:14 AM
- Sacramento Police say they have issued an arrest warrant for a man, not because he committed a crime, but because he may pose a public health risk.
Truck driver says wasp caused him to crash
Posted: 5:19 AM
- A Florida semi-truck driver says a wasp made him crash his truck into a building Thursday.
Boone has lowest June county jobless rate in Kentucky
Posted: 3:39 AM
- The state says Boone County had the lowest unemployment rate among Kentucky's 120 counties in June.
Cattle rustling ‘epidemic’ sweeping across central Kentucky
- Thieves are trying to cash in as beef prices climb to record highs.
Time Warner reaches deal with SEC Network
- University of Kentucky fans with Time Warner Cable will get to watch the new SEC Network when it debuts.
Two injured in Montgomery County crash
- The crash happened Thursday afternoon on U.S. 460 near Mount Sterling.
Burkina official: Plane wreckage found in Mali
- A Burkina Faso official says the wreckage of the Air Algerie plane that went missing has been found in Mali.
Corbin man recovering after triathlon collapse
- Curt Hart's doctors say he's lucky to be alive. The 58-year-old man from Corbin was competing in a triathlon, before he collapsed during the race.
Car rolls over tow truck driver in Lexington
- A tow truck driver is recovering in the hospital after a freak accident at a local car dealership.
New processing center planned in Mount Sterling
- A company plans to open a data processing center in Mount Sterling and create 100 new jobs in the eastern Kentucky town.
Consumer Alert: Fruit recall expanded to more stores
- More stores have been added to a fruit recall.
More WKYT Top Stories