Most wanted: man wanted for murder after Lexington shooting
Posted: 12:07 PM
- Officials say Anthony Carter was shot on Chestnut Street in Lexington on June 11th. Police said he was taken to the hospital where he died from his injuries. Officials said not long after the shooting, police started getting statements from witnesses who saw Jefferey Morris in an argument with the victim before the shooting. They then saw him leaving the scene on a bicycle.
Lexington sports restaurant hoping for SEC Network
Posted: 11:57 AM
- One local watering hole/restaurant is hoping to get SEC Network before fall football begins.
WKYT Investigates: An insider's take on Lexington's crime wave
- Brannon Dunn says he's a product of his environment. He grew up in the east end of Lexington which is now considered the city's hotspot for crime.
WKYT Investigates: The revolving door for criminals
- "A very small percentage of the criminals commit the vast majority of crime," said Ray Larson, Fayette County's top prosecutor. Larson said those criminals are the winners of a "catch and release" stance, or soft approach, on crime.
Church shows support for neighborhood plagued by violence
Updated: 12:45 PM
- Leaders at Total Grace Baptist Church tell WKYT they picked Douglass Park for the site of tonight's revival partially because it's been the site of some of the recent violence in Lexington.
Thief takes deputy jailer's badge in Frankfort car break-in
Updated: 12:57 PM
- Frankfort Police say someone broke into a deputy jailer's personal vehicle overnight and stole a badge.
Semi hauling two trailers runs off I-64 in Clark County
Updated: 9:53 AM
- Police were dispatched to a semi truck crash early Friday morning.
Man steals medicine in robbery at Lexington Meijer pharmacy
- The robbery happened around 9 p.m. Thursday inside the Meijer in Hamburg.
Funeral held for Corbin airman killed in accident
3 mins ago
- Family and friends say a final farewell to an Air Force Staff Sergeant. Dirk Shelton, 29, died earlier this month after an accident in Washington, D.C.
Police: Man reports murder call to get out of a ticket
Updated: 8:01 AM
- Police in a central Florida town say a man called 911 to report a murder to try and get out of a speeding ticket.Police in a central Florida town say a man called 911 to report a murder to try and get out of a speeding ticket.
Cattle rustling ‘epidemic’ sweeping across central Kentucky
- Thieves are trying to cash in as beef prices climb to record highs.
Paul: End disparity between cocaine sentencing
Posted: 11:47 AM
- U.S. Sen. Rand Paul will introduce legislation on Friday that will eliminate federal sentencing disparities between crack and powder cocaine.
Three siblings try to set record by swimming across English Channel
Posted: 1:34 PM
- Three siblings with Kentucky ties are hoping to set a record by swimming from one country to another.
Arrest warrant issued for Tuberculosis patient
Posted: 6:14 AM
- Sacramento Police say they have issued an arrest warrant for a man, not because he committed a crime, but because he may pose a public health risk.
Truck driver says wasp caused him to crash
Posted: 5:19 AM
- A Florida semi-truck driver says a wasp made him crash his truck into a building Thursday.
Consumer Alert: Fruit recall expanded to more stores
- More stores have been added to a fruit recall.
More WKYT Top Stories