Trick-or-Treat times set for cities across Kentucky
- We called around to many cities of central and eastern Kentucky to get trick-or-treat dates and times.
Kentucky man pleads guilty to child porn charge
11 mins ago
- A southern Kentucky man has pleaded guilty to blackmailing two underage girls to get sexually explicit images of them.
Ex-soldier sent to southern Kentucky prison
13 mins ago
- A former U.S. soldier based at Fort Knox has been sent to a federal prison to serve an 18-month sentence for taking part in a scheme to divert loaded fuel trucks from an American military outpost in Afghanistan.
Leitchfield facility expanding, adding 65 jobs
15 mins ago
- An automotive products facility is expanding in Leitchfield, where it expects to add 65 new jobs.
Brandy distillery officially opens in Louisville
16 mins ago
- A new spirits distillery that produces craft brandy has opened in Louisville.
Frankfort police search for overnight burglars
Posted: 6:08 AM
- Franklin County Sheriffs say they're looking for two men they say broke into a convenience store early Tuesday morning.
Increased wrecks occur during deer breeding season
24 mins ago
- This is the main breeding season for whitetail deer, and Kentucky officials say the last three months of the year is responsible for about half of the wrecks involving deer.
Four football Wildcats earn mid-season honors
Posted: 8:47 AM
- Four Kentucky players have been honored at mid-season by a prestigious football magazine
Vigil honors Pulaski County murder victim
- Friends of Monica Wells hope that her tragic death could end up saving other lives.
Morgan Co. man plans to raffle off home
- Todd Lambert says it's time to move his family to Florida, but first he needs to sell his house. He's doing it through a raffle.
WKYT Investigates: Small town addiction, Cynthiana hospital sees drastic increase in heroin overdoses
- "They don't realize how close they were to being dead," explained Christina Buckler. Recently Harrison Memorial Hospital, which sits in the small town of Cynthiana, has seen a dramatic increase in the number of patients being brought in by ambulance, or dropped off at the back door suffering from a heroin overdose.
Oscar de la Renta, legendary designer, dead at 82
Updated: 8:01 AM
- Oscar de la Renta, who dressed first ladies, socialites and Hollywood stars for more than four decades, has died. He was 82.
Bluegrass Poll: McConnell regains lead in Senate race
- With two weeks to go before the November 4 election, a new Bluegrass Poll found Republican Sen. Mitch McConnell in a near dead heat with Democratic challenger Alison Lundergan Grimes.
Berea couple accused of abusing child
- A couple is in jail, accused of abusing a child. State police say Linda Richmond and the child's father, Julio Valladares, took a punishment for bed wetting too far.
Parking plan, festival announced for Garth Brooks shows in Lexington
- More than 80,000 people are expected in downtown Lexington when Garth Brooks comes to town on October 31 and November 1. City leaders say the large crowds could mean major traffic and parking issues.
Orionid meteor shower visible overnight
- The science and nature website EarthSky.org says a large meteor shower will be visible Monday night and Tuesday morning.
More WKYT Top Stories