Two people stabbed in fight near East Fourth Street
26 mins ago
- Two people were injured after a fight Wednesday. One person was stabbed in the chest; the other person was stabbed in the hip.
Final Four coaches release statement on Indiana's 'religious freedom' law
Updated: 4:11 PM
- University of Kentucky head coach John Calipari, along with three other coaches who have led their teams to the NCAA Final Four, issued a statement Wednesday about Indiana's controversial "religious freedom" law.
How to watch the 2015 NCAA Tournament Games
- Here's where to watch the 2015 NCAA Tournament games.
Wildfire burns at least 70 acres in Morehead
27 mins ago
- A wildfire has burned at least 70 acres in Morehead. US Forest Service officials say it could burn more than 100 acres by the time it's contained.
Animals moved into new Knox-Whitley Animal Shelter
26 mins ago
- Nearly a year and a half after a fire destroyed the original Knox-Whitley Animal Shelter, animals are being moved into the new shelter.
Car broken into in church parking lot, deputies search for suspect
24 mins ago
- A crime alert out of Madison County where deputies there are trying to track down a man they say could be responsible for multiple thefts.
Prominent Democrats skipping Obama visit to Kentucky
Posted: 4:59 PM
- Democrats topping their party's ticket in Kentucky's off-year election are skipping a visit by President Barack Obama this week.
Judge agrees to delay in Capitol plot suspect's case
Posted: 4:56 PM
- A federal judge has pushed back the timetable for the case of an Ohio man accused of plotting to attack the U.S. Capitol.
Justice Dept.: No contempt charges for former IRS official
Posted: 4:54 PM
- The Justice Department won't seek criminal contempt charges against Lois Lerner, the former IRS official at the center of a controversy over how the agency treated conservative political groups.
Kentucky's 5-9 Tyler Ulis coming up big in NCAA Tournament
Updated: 5:34 PM
- Being Kentucky's smallest player on the floor hasn't prevented 5-foot-9 point guard Tyler Ulis from repeatedly coming up big for the Wildcats.
Woodland fires burn five acres in Lincoln County
23 mins ago
- There's no word on a cause from the fires that broke out Wednesday afternoon. The fires burned about five acres of woodland but did not appear to be threatening any homes or businesses.
Man accused of pointing gun at driver in Madison Co. road rage case
21 mins ago
- The victim says that the suspect cut him off on I-75, then pointed a small handgun at him before speeding away.
Kentucky's education commissioner to retire
Updated: 4:33 PM
- Kentucky Education Commissioner Terry Holliday, who has led the state's education department for five years, plans to retire Aug. 31.
Rounds of thunderstorms ahead
Posted: 3:02 PM
- Heavy rain and thunderstorms will increase over the next few days. Some of the storms could be strong.
EPO process now electronic
Posted: 11:50 AM
- With the knowledge that time is of the essence in a lot of domestic violence cases, the Fayette County Sheriff's Office hopes an electronic EPO and accompanying DVO (Domestic Violence Order) Hope Card will save lives when minutes matter.
Petition seeks alcohol sales in Berea
Updated: 10:37 AM
- A Kentucky mayor in a mostly dry community is asking residents to sign a petition that seeks a vote on allowing alcohol sales in restaurants.
The latest developments on religious-objection laws
Updated: 2:51 PM
- Indiana Gov. Mike Pence has urged lawmakers to send a bill to his desk by the end of the week to clarify the intent of a new religious-objections law that critics fear could allow discrimination against gays and lesbians.
Clear bag security policy for Final Four fans
19 mins ago
- In order to enhance public safety, the NCAA has implemented a clear bag policy for the 2015 Men’s Final Four.
More WKYT Top Stories