KY driver charged with 6 counts of vehicular homicide in TN crash
Updated: 8:47 AM
- The truck driver who authorities say caused a highway accident outside of Chattanooga in June, killing six, has been charged with six counts of vehicular homicide.
WATCH: Federal lawsuit filed after third grader with disabilities is put in handcuffs
- A deputy sheriff shackled two elementary school children who have disabilities, causing them pain and trauma, according to a federal lawsuit filed today by the American Civil Liberties Union, the Children's Law Center, and Dinsmore & Shohl.
WKYT Exclusive | Convicted for dealing, family reacts to historic sentence
Updated: 9:05 AM
- "Patty Smallwood would be very unhappy if she knew what had been done to me," Terry Smith told WKYT's Miranda Combs by phone. Smith went on, "Patty was a dear friend of mine. She rented off me for years. She had all kinds of medical issues."
Micah Harris' Forecast: Summer-like pattern continues
Posted: 5:53 AM
- Look for the summer weather to continue today. A front moves late in the week dropping our temperatures big time.
Somerset man arrested after a nearly 12-hour standoff
Updated: 5:57 AM
- Police were in a standoff Monday night with a wanted man in Somerset.
Police: Hotel robbed by woman with pepper spray
Posted: 5:14 AM
- The Lexington Police Department is searching for a woman who robbed a hotel while armed with pepper spray.
Sandra Bland's family to sue Texas state trooper
Posted: 9:29 AM
- An attorney for the family of a black woman found dead in a Texas county jail three days after a confrontation with a white state trooper says a lawsuit will be filed against the trooper.
Family talking about terrifying home invasion at lake house
- The Wayne County Sheriff is investigating a home invasion at a vacation home on Lake Cumberland Sunday.
Three people injured after crash on I-75 in Lexington
Posted: 5:25 AM
- Three people were rushed to the University of Kentucky Chandler Hospital on Monday night after a crash on Interstate 75.
Lee County circuit clerk suspended pending investigation
Posted: 6:07 AM
- Kentucky Chief Justice John Minton has ordered the temporary suspension of an eastern Kentucky circuit clerk pending an investigation into possible official misconduct.
Mustard vapor detected at Blue Grass Army Depot
Posted: 5:39 AM
- A filter has been connected to an igloo at Blue Grass Army Depot where a mobile laboratory detected a low-level release of mustard vapor.
Plush toy-maker creates 'Cecil the Lion' Beanie Baby
Posted: 5:46 AM
- Toy-maker Ty Inc. has created a "Cecil the Lion" Beanie Baby to raise funds for animal conservation efforts.
Ky. Labor Cabinet offering safety, health training courses
Posted: 5:52 AM
- Kentucky's Labor Cabinet says its upcoming courses on safety and health issues can benefit workers and employers.
Local right to work case heads to federal court
Posted: 5:48 AM
- A federal judge will hear arguments on Tuesday about whether a Kentucky local government can stop employers from making workers join labor unions.
Bluegrass Poll | Kentuckians want Jefferson Davis to stay in capitol
- An overwhelming majority of likely Kentucky voters think the statute of former Confederate President Jefferson Davis should remain in the state capitol rotunda, according to a new WKYT Herald-Leader Bluegrass Poll.
Lexington Police: One shot during robbery
- Lexington Police are investigating after one person was shot and two others injured during a reported robbery.
Magoffin County mom accused of having kids shoplift from Fayette Mall
- A Salyersville mother was arrested Sunday at Lexington's Fayette Mall after Lexington police said they caught her and her children stealing merchandise from J.C. Penney.
Adult with chicken pox prompted lockdown at Danville hospital
- Ephraim McDowell Regional Medical Center in Danville says a patient who tested positive for two stains of adult chicken pox is what prompted a lockdown at the facility Saturday evening.
More WKYT Top Stories