Rounds of showers and thunderstorms could cause issues across the region Saturday. Damaging winds, large hail and a few tornadoes will be possible.
Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about Wednesday:
1. US AIMS AT HACKING LINKED TO CHINA
Obama’s get-tough tactics could include fines, penalties and other trade restrictions.
2. HOW PISTORIUS SAYS HIS GIRLFRIEND WAS KILLED
The double-amputee Olympian testifies that he mistook the fashion model for an intruder on Valentine’s Day.
3. MARINE BOWS OUT OF RUNNING FOR TOP MILITARY JOB
Gen. John Allen had appeared a shoo-in to be the next commander of allied forces in Europe.
4. POLICE ID GUNMAN IN CALIF. SPREE THAT LEFT 4 DEAD
The shooter was an unemployed, 20-year-old part-time student who lived with his parents.
5. WHAT WEAPON BIDEN THINKS YOU SHOULD BUY
The veep suggests Americans should use a shotgun to defend their homes.
6. BUCKING THE TREND OF CYBERCRIME
Burglars in Belgium went low-tech to steal $50 million worth of diamonds from an airport.
7. TARGETS OF EX-LAPD OFFICER SPEAK
Police Sgt. Emada Tingirides and her family were under police protection for six days. She says, “For the first two or three hours, I was in disbelief.”
8. ROBOTS MIGHT NOT DO SURGERY BETTER
The technique is being used for hysterectomies, adding to the cost but not offering much health benefit.
9. WHEN TO EXPECT UNIVERSAL PRE-SCHOOL
A federal commission recommends offering early education to every poor student within 10 years.
10. DON’T BELIEVE EVERYTHING IN THOSE OSCAR-NOMINATED MOVIES
A prominent screenwriting professor says, “A movie is a movie. People going for a history lesson are going to the wrong place.”
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)