Fire tore through a Scott County apartment Thursday night, leaving a mother and her newborn homeless. It happened along Hiawatha Trail in Georgetown.
The woman who lived in the unit where the flames started told 27NEWFIRST it took only a few minutes for her apartment to fill with smoke. She only had enough time to grab her baby and get out. Both were treated on the scene, but are said to be doing fine. Officials have not yet said how the fire started.
Sarah Ellen Minor told 27NEWSFIRST she lost everything in the fire, including her 5 week old daughter's clothes. Minor said she did not have renter's insurance. If you would like to help the mother and her child, you can contact Sarah Minor at (859) 552-9283.
Enter your number for a chance to win great prizes!
Message and data rates may apply