Very slow moving showers and thunderstorms will move into our area overnight and Sunday. The potential for flooding will be heightened in southern and eastern Kentucky.
Lexington fire officials say a man has died in an overnight apartment fire.
The fire started on Central Avenue in a garage that was converted into an apartment.
Thomas Reed Allen did not make it out in time. His dog also died in the fire.
Investigators do not suspect foul play, but officials say they are still looking into the fire's cause.
The coroner says Allen died from carbon monoxide poisoning.