Mercer County Family Loses Everything In Fire

By  | 

An early morning fire leaves a Mercer County family homeless.

Firefighters responded to a house fire at 316 Barr Street, shortly before 1 am Monday morning.

Investigators say the Baker family's Christmas tree fell onto the kerosene tank, starting the fire.

There were no injuries, and everyone made it out safely.

But, the family says they lost everything in fire, including the children's Christmas presents.

The Baker's have two children, with two more on the way.

If you would like to help the Baker family, you can donate toys, clothing and bedding to the Harrodsburg American Red Cross and the Harrodsburg Fire Department, in care of the Joey Baker family.

Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station. powered by Disqus