WKYT | Lexington, Kentucky | News, Weather, Sports

Test Results Show Staph Bacteria Made Diners Sick

SHELBYVILLE, Ky. (AP) - Health officials say a staph bacteria may have caused more than 100 diners to get sick after eating in a popular central Kentucky restaurant on Easter.
The North Central District Health Department said in a statement
Friday that preliminary test results point to Staphylococcus aureus. Spokesman Tony Millet says a variety of food sources were tested but would not say which specimens tested positive.
Officials say 115 people reported becoming ill after eating at Claudia Sanders Dinner House. Officials say customers complained of diarrhea, sweats, vomiting and abdominal cramps.
The restaurant outside Shelbyville is named for the widow of Kentucky Fried Chicken founder Colonel Harland Sanders.
Millet says the restaurant will be open Friday night, serving drinks only and will be open for dining on Saturday.

(Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus

WKYT

2851 Winchester Rd. Lexington, Ky 40509 859-299-0411 - switchboard 859-299-2727 - newsroom
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 17103821 - wkyt.com/a?a=17103821