Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and stories that will be talked about on Tuesday.
1. PRESIDENTIAL POLLS PREDICT A VIRTUAL TIE
In dash to the finish, Obama and Romney make their appeals to an ever-smaller universe of undecided voters.
2. TUESDAY'S THE (SORT OF) BIG DAY
With all the early and absentee voting, Election Day just isn't what it used to be.
3. HOW SANDY UPENDED NYC COUPLE'S 'DREAM HOME'
The AP's Dennis Waszak Jr. tells the harrowing story of how he, his wife and their three children lived through the superstorm.
4. SYRIAN TURMOIL GOES FROM BAD TO WORSE
Anxiety mounts over what many have feared as a worst-case scenario - violent infighting among Syria's opposition groups.
5. A POTENTIAL STEM-CELL ADVANCE
New research suggests that life-aiding stem cells could be banked for off-the-shelf use in patients after heart attacks - the way blood is banked now.
6. BOY WHO FELL INTO ZOO EXHIBIT WAS KILLED BY WILD DOGS
An autopsy shows the 2-year-old survived the more than 10-foot fall at the Pittsburgh Zoo - but was mauled by the captive animals.
7. AFGHAN MASSACRE SUSPECT CAUGHT ON SURVEILLANCE VIDEO
Footage, revealed during a court hearing, shows bloodied soldier on the run after carnage at two villages that left 16 dead.
8. CHRISTIAN LEADER IN EGYPT WANTS SMALL ROLE FOR RELIGION IN CONSTITUTION
Head of the country's minority Copts says an overly Islamist document would be unacceptable.
9. WHY NO DOUBT HAS PULLED ITS NEW MUSIC VIDEO
The band apologizes after learning that its cowboys-and-Indians-themed clip for "Looking Hot" offended Native Americans.
10. NHL LABOR TALKS HEATING UP
After negotiating during the weekend, both sides have agreed to meet again Tuesday, creating hope for a breakthrough in the lockout.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)