Strong and severe thunderstorms will be possible late tonight. We'll be tracking strong winds, large hail and even a risk of isolated tornadoes.
Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and stories that will be talked about Wednesday:
1. OBAMA'S SECOND TERM OFF TO A BUMPY START
The scandal ensnaring two U.S. generals is unfolding at a critical time in the Afghan war - and just as the White House was hoping for a smooth transition.
2. THE WOMAN IN THE EYE OF THE STORM
Florida socialite Jill Kelley won the title of "honorary ambassador" for hosting parties for military brass.
3. WHY SOME DEMOCRATS WANT TO DRIVE OVER THE 'FISCAL CLIFF'
Lawmakers believe allowing steep tax hikes and spending cuts will give them more leverage later on in bargaining with Republicans.
4. ACCUSER OF ELMO PUPPETEER RECANTS
First he alleged teen sex. Now he says the relationship was adult and consensual.
5. HOW SYRIAN OPPOSITION HOPES TO STAY IN THE GAME
The selection of a moderate cleric as the group's leader is an attempt to counter the growing influence of Islamic extremists in the rebellion against Assad.
6. A BID FOR THE DEATH PENALTY IN AFGHAN MASSACRE
Army prosecutors say Staff Sgt. Robert Bales committed "heinous and despicable crimes" in the predawn rampage that killed 16 villagers.
7. WHY CLIMATE CHANGE IS A HOT TOPIC AGAIN
The government needs money. That's revving up talk of a carbon tax on those who use fossil fuels, which produce greenhouse gases.
8. OBAMA'S BIRTH CONTROL RULE A NON-STARTER
The head of the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops says the church won't offer health insurance covering birth control.
9. HOW TO GET A VIRTUALLY FREE COLLEGE EDUCATION
An agreement between an online educator and the American Council on Education opens the possibility.
10. A BAUBLE BRINGS BIG BUCKS
The 76.02-carat Archduke Joseph Diamond is auctioned in Geneva for the world-record price of nearly $21.5 million.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)