Investigators say it looks like a cigarette started a fire that destroyed a Lexington home Tuesday night.
A police officer in the area called firefighters when he saw smoke on De Roode Street.
The home was fully engulfed when crews arrived on the scene. The man who lives there was able to escape the flames.
Firefighters tell 27 NEWSFIRST they had to be very careful while fighting the flames because there were several oxygen tanks inside the home.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.