1. SYRIA'S CHEMICAL WEAPONS GET FRESH SCRUTINY
Obama warns Assad not to use them - or "there will be consequences."
2. 'FISCAL CLIFF' BALL BACK IN OBAMA'S COURT
House Republicans deliver a $2.2 trillion counteroffer to the White House. Among other things, it calls for raising the eligibility age for Medicare.
3. WHY EGYPT IS ON ALERT
A huge march and general strike planned for Tuesday raise new fears of unrest.
4. WHERE WORD OF KATE MIDDLETON'S PREGNANCY ECHOES LOUDEST
Americans just might rival their British cousins in their excitement over the royal news.
5. ISRAEL'S STANCE A LONELY ONE
Its vow to build thousands of new homes in West Bank settlements is met with condemnation in Europe and the U.S.
6. GOOGLE, AMAZON, OTHERS SETTLE IN TAX HAVENS
Internet powerhouses are accused of incorporating in places like Ireland and Luxembourg - so they can avoid paying hundreds of millions in taxes in places like Germany, Britain and Italy.
7. AH-CHOO! (UNFORTUNATELY, 'TIS THE SEASON)
More cases of flu than normal are being reported in several states. Such upticks usually don't happen until after Christmas.
8. BOLDLY GOING WHERE NONE HAVE GONE BEFORE
Thirty-five years into its journey, NASA'S Voyager 1 spacecraft remains on track to become the first manmade object to exit the solar system.
9. A GAUGE ON WHICH WAY THE OSCAR WINDS WILL BLOW
The best film of 2012? Kathryn Bigelow's "Zero Dark Thirty," the New York Film Critics Circle says.
10. HOW A SPORTSCASTER STIRRED CYBERSPACE
A Twitter storm follows comments by NBC's Bob Costas during "Sunday Night Football" supporting gun control.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)