Scattered storms will develop into the afternoon hours and a few could be strong or severe. High winds and hail will be the main impacts.
Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about Tuesday:
1. ARMSTRONG CONFESSES TO DOPING
The disgraced cyclist tells Oprah during an interview that he used performance-enhancing drugs in winning the Tour de France.
2. OBAMA PUSHING GUN CURBS - EVEN IF CONGRESS ISN'T
"My starting point is not to worry about the politics," he says.
3. GEITHNER SOUNDS NEW DEBT WARNING
The government will exhaust is borrowing limit as soon as mid-February, sooner than expected, he says.
4. US MILITARY SUICIDES SURGE TO RECORD 349
The number of troops who took their own lives last year exceeded American combat deaths in Afghanistan during that time.
5. HOW THE US IS COMBATTING AL-QAIDA INSURGENTS IN MALI
America is helping French warplanes gather intel, Panetta says. It's also possible the U.S. will land aircraft of its own in the West African nation.
6. HOMME DE GUERRE
French President Hollande - once likened to "flimsy yellow custard" - proves surprisingly resolute, using military force in Mali and Somalia.
7. NEW PATCH WILL FIX WHAT AILS JAVA, ORACLE SAYS
The government, though, is not so sure, and is still urging computer users to disable to software.
8. WHAT THE NEW COROLLA MIGHT LOOK LIKE
Toyota is hinting at a bolder, more angular look for one of America's top-selling cars.
9. EGYPT'S DEAD ARE ENCROACHING ON AN ANCIENT NECROPOLIS
An illegal expansion of a modern cemetery is threatening a 4,500-year-old one.
10. WHY THE GAY COMMUNITY IS HAILING JODIE FOSTER
The star wins applause for coming out at the Golden Globes - although she never uttered the word gay.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)