WKYT | Lexington, Kentucky | News, Weather, Sports

Glue Warning For Pet Owners

There's a warning for pet owners. It sounds odd, but local veterinarians say it's an all-too-common problem involving dogs and glue.

A Lexington woman says her pet German Shepherd, "Judah," got into a bottle of "Gorilla Glue."

The dog ate some of the glue and it expanded in his stomach. Surgery was required to remove the cantaloupe-sized mass and save the dog's life.

Vets at Woodford Veterinary Clinic say this is the third case they've seen in six months and it's getting national attention in veterinary journals.

As for "Judah," the dog is recovering and should be back to normal in a couple of days.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus

WKYT

2851 Winchester Rd. Lexington, Ky 40509 859-299-0411 - switchboard 859-299-2727 - newsroom
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 19693414 - wkyt.com/a?a=19693414