House Fire Sparked By Lightning

Tuesday morning's storms proved destructive for some people in Bourbon County.

Many people in Paris lost power, including Leila Atwood. She was out driving around to survey the storm damage when she spotted flames in an upstairs window of a home on Cypress Street.

Atwood parked her car and banged on the door to the home until someone answered. An elderly man and two women were inside at the time and got out of the home safely.

Firefighters say they think lightning sparked the flames

Investigators say the people had just moved into the home and had not unpacked many boxes. Those boxes may have helped fuel the fire.

It took fire crews a while to get the flames under control because the fire burned hot and fast.

There were no injuries reported.

Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station. powered by Disqus