Boyle Firefighter Loses Home to Fire

James White was looking forward to a brand new home for his wife and kids. He says he was remodeling it to get rid of mold..to protect his children. Late thursday night...he was working on the windows.

“I left the room....20 or so minutes later it was on fire,” says White of the quick moving flames that engulfed the house.

He called for help... and he says the first firemen arrived within minutes.

“But you take a house that old, there's nothing to stop the fire. Nothing but wood, it's going to go up like nothing,” says White.

The Junction City Fire Department is right across the street from White’s home. But the volunteer firemen had to arrive at the station..from their homes, or other locations, first.

The fire chief says there were a few firefighters close by..and even White joined the battle briefly.

“I geared up for a moment, being my house, trying to take care of my family, who were sitting on the side line, I couldn't deal with that. I was trying to make sure they were alright.”

White says he has insurance...but not nearly enough to pay for the damages and begin again.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus

WKYT

2851 Winchester Rd. Lexington, Ky 40509 859-299-0411 - switchboard 859-299-2727 - newsroom
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 19907779 - wkyt.com/a?a=19907779
Gray Television, Inc.