Lexington Pizza Restaurant Gets Early Morning Scare

By  | 

Employees at Sir Pizza on Richmond Road got an early morning scare when flames were seen on top of their roof Monday morning.

Employee Angel Madden says around midnight she smelled smoke inside Sir Barton, but didn't see anything.

Then around four o'clock a.m., as employees were cleaning the restaurant after closing up, Madden says smoke started filling the air.

Employees went outside and noticed flames shooting from the top of the roof.

The Lexington Fire Department says the damage was on the top of the roof and did not impact the inside of the restaurant. The fire was in a small section near the corner of Sir Pizza and another business. The fire was believed to be electrical.

Employees at Sir Pizza say they plan to reopen the restaurant later Monday.

Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station. powered by Disqus