It's something many people will be using this week to celebrate the Fourth of July: fireworks.
But state fire officials say if you don't know how to use them properly, you could end up losing your life!
Fire officials say last year alone about 10,000 people reported injuries caused by fireworks. Most of those victims were under the age of five.
Some fireworks that appear to be harmless can actually be very dangerous. For example, sparklers burn at 2000 degrees and can easily burn through clothing.
The State Fire Marshal recommends children be supervised at all times and have water handy to douse the fireworks before you throw them away.
Fire officials want to remind people that anything marked "explosive" is illegal in Kentucky. That includes any fireworks that go up in the air.