Gas Leak Likely Caused Home Explosion

Investigators believe a gas leak may have caused a home to explode in Scott County.

Fire crews were called to a home on Sharp Road near Stamping Ground around 3:00 Wednesday afternoon. When they arrived, the home was fully engulfed in flames; part of it had already collapsed.

Fire crews tell us no one lived in the home.

Fire investigators say a propane tank is the likely cause of the blast. People living in the neighborhood tell us the explosion could be felt more than a mile away.

The owner says he does not have insurance and does not plan to rebuild on the property.

Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station. powered by Disqus