Spider Extermination May Have Caused Fire

Lexington firefighters think an attempt to get rid of spiders may have sparked an early Monday morning fire.

Most of the damage was contained to the outside of the home on Tennessee Avenue, off Winchester Road.

Firefighters say someone tried using hair spray and a lighter to kill some spiders outside the home.

Investigators say the fluid and heat went under the siding of the home and ignited about two hours later.

The inside of the home wasn't damaged.

Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station. powered by Disqus