UPTON, Ky. (AP) - A central Kentucky man was seriously burned in
an explosion and fire that officials believe was started when a methaphetamine lab blew up.
The University of Louisville Hospital reported the 45-year-old victim in serious condition on Monday.
The News-Enterprise in Elizabethtown quoted police who said the
injured man - William Rucker - has burns over about 65 percent of his body.
The fire on Sunday burned a six-unit apartment building. There were no other injuries.
State Police said in a release that ingredients commonly used to make meth were found in the debris of the apartment.
Deputy State Fire Marshal Charles Sparks said the ingredients were found next to a bed.
Information from: The News-Enterprise,
(Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)