WKYT | Lexington, Kentucky | News, Weather, Sports

Attorney: Donald Sterling says no deal; lawsuit is on

LOS ANGELES (AP) - An attorney for Donald Sterling says the Los Angeles Clippers owner has pulled his support from a deal to sell the team to former Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer and will pursue his $1 billion federal lawsuit against the NBA.

Attorney Maxwell Blecher says Monday that Sterling "instructed (us) to prosecute the lawsuit" and the deal's off.

The $2 billion sale was negotiated by wife Shelly Sterling after Donald Sterling's racist remarks to a girlfriend were publicized and the NBA moved to oust him as owner. The lawsuit alleges the league violated his constitutional rights, antitrust laws and committed breach of contract.

Donald Sterling agreed to ink the deal and drop the suit last week, but then decided against it after learning the NBA won't revoke its lifetime ban and fine.

(Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus

WKYT

2851 Winchester Rd. Lexington, Ky 40509 859-299-0411 - switchboard 859-299-2727 - newsroom
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 262465791 - wkyt.com/a?a=262465791
Gray Television, Inc.