Our focus now turns to the potential of record lows tonight. Many areas may wake up to thermometer readings below zero.
The Federal Consumer Product Safety Commission is warning parents to immediately stop using a popular brand of bassinet after the death of a second baby.
In the meantime, the family of an infant who died is speaking out to try and prevent another tragedy.
Four-month-old Katelynn Simon was found stuck under a bar in her Simplicity bassinet at her family's home in Missouri. She was rushed to the hospital, where she died.
"I would like to see every time they're thinking to buy something for their
infant or their child, think of baby Katelynn. Think of baby Katelynn and the
loss the family is going through and make sure your products are safe," said Chris Priddy, the girl's stepfather.
Simplicity's 3-in-1 and 4-in-1 Convertible Bassinets contain metal bars spaced farther apart than federal standards allow.